2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really glad we went with Connor Williams. Our offensive line is our bread and butter on offense. I'd hate to see that deteriorate because we wanted a safety instead.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wow, I kinda hate all those numbers except LVE with 55 and Scarborough with 36. I like a big bruiser RB to be in the 30s or 40s instead of the 20s.

Why is Connor Williams 52? Feels like he should be 60s or 70s. I thought only centers wore 50s. Also, 13 is such an ugly number for Gallup.

Hopefully these are preseason numbers for a large part.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, I kinda hate all those numbers except LVE with 55 and Scarborough with 36. I like a big bruiser RB to be in the 30s or 40s instead of the 20s.

Why is Connor Williams 52? Feels like he should be 60s or 70s. I thought only centers wore 50s. Also, 13 is such an ugly number for Gallup.

Hopefully these are preseason numbers for a large part.
Yeah I hate WR's in the teens. Just feels like numbers you give to camp bodies at WR. Not saying we should be handing out 88 right away again. But why not a different number in the 80's? Maybe 84? I guess most of the numbers in the 80s are taken but I doubt guys like Cannon and Brown are going to stick. I'd rather them have the shitty numbers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Naw, once we get a big stud again, give it to him.
I'd rather a WR make a mark in Dallas under a different number. Give us a great 84 or 81 again.

Shit Gallup is the best WR we have drafted since Dez Bryant. I feel confident in saying that. But that may also be a comment on how little we draft WR's.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I feel like it was either Williams or Bates at 50, glad we went Williams.
Justin Reid I would think. But yeah...

If worse comes to worse we got all the same pieces in our secondary and it was playing pretty well last year. Couldn't say the same thing at LG.

Carp

DCC 4Life
One real exciting thing to me is that this OL has a chance to be special again. Williams should be at least what Cooper was, but I am counting on him being better. Quality depth with Fleming, Martin, and Looney...Smith fully healthy...and a 2nd full year for Collins at RT. This OL could have a real lengthy run of greatness.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One real exciting thing to me is that this OL has a chance to be special again. Williams should be at least what Cooper was, but I am counting on him being better. Quality depth with Fleming, Martin, and Looney...Smith fully healthy...and a 2nd full year for Collins at RT. This OL could have a real lengthy run of greatness.
Yeah I definitely think this Oline has been upgraded. I'd love to see it back to its 2016 form and I definitely think it can and should with William's.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Williams will definitely be better than Cooper, pretty much from Day 1. Also remember that Chaz Green started a few games at LG to start the year as well, so he'll obviously be an upgrade over him.

At some point during his rookie year I think Williams will give us Leary-caliber play, just not right away, and then by Year 2 or 3 he should be better. He's a different type of player than Leary who mostly relied on his size/strength to overwhelm guys in a phone booth. He was ok on the move but not great out in space.

Williams clearly doesn't have that pure size/strength that Leary had but he is excellent on combo blocks/moving to the 2nd level and is very nimble on the move/out in space.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Leary was underrated on pulls and out in space, but I think with Williams athleticism that he will engage further down the field...if that makes sense.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
On thing brought up on DC.com, re: Scarbrough... as the 3rd RB, is he durable enough to be a ST player? Is he just a RB? Who are the "camp bodies" @ RB because, IMO, Zeke will be used sparingly during preseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
On thing brought up on DC.com, re: Scarbrough... as the 3rd RB, is he durable enough to be a ST player? Is he just a RB? Who are the "camp bodies" @ RB because, IMO, Zeke will be used sparingly during preseason.
Yeah he is going to need to play special teams. I imagine he can be a coverage guy if he wants to be. It's hard to be a backup RB in the NFL and not play special teams. With that being said if he can I think he actually has a chance to compete for the backup RB role here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom