2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry said that they almost traded back into the third to draft Armstrong. That would have given some of you strokes.

D

Deuce

So, did the Seahawks draft Griffin because they wanted a LB they thought would help them? Or did they draft a public relations player to put alongside his brother to make people feel good.
If you think he’s only a public relationship stunt, you don’t pay attention.

Yes, he’s inspiring and will win a Man of the year award, but that’s just comes along with it. From a player perspective, he’s phenomenal. IMO, he’s going to be a special teams demon and given some pass rush opportunities like how they used Bruce Irvin from day 1.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jerry said that they almost traded back into the third to draft Armstrong. That would have given some of you strokes.
Yes, yes it would

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So you basically admit that all the shit you talk about him has been uneducated. Figured as much.
Relax, Nancy. I was just messing with you.

Also, what shit have I ever talked about him? You'll have to point that out to me. I certainly don't remember it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
1T, S, #1WR, and TE are the biggest holes on this team.

Middle of the defense.

Dont think Collins is physical enough.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If you want to see why Dorance Armstrong was considered a possible 1st rounder coming into the 2017 season check this out:

He's quite unrefined as far as technique but the tools are there, you can see the short area burst, the range, the hustle, and he has nearly 35 inch arms. I'm feeling really good about a gamble like this in the 4th.

They changed up their defensive scheme in 2017 and it didn't mesh with his game, if he had been able to come out after 2016 I'm guessing he would've went in the first 2 rounds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you want to see why Dorance Armstrong was considered a possible 1st rounder coming into the 2017 season check this out:

He's quite unrefined as far as technique but the tools are there, you can see the short area burst, the range, the hustle, and he has nearly 35 inch arms. I'm feeling really good about a gamble like this in the 4th.

They changed up their defensive scheme in 2017 and it didn't mesh with his game, if he had been able to come out after 2016 I'm guessing he would've went in the first 2 rounds.
It is amazing to me they played him at DE in a 3-4.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is amazing to me they played him at DE in a 3-4.
I mean Kansas is like a bottom 3 Power 5 program, they don't many options when it comes to who plays where.

I'm guessing their coaches knew they were going to suck one way or the other and primarily only cared about implementing their system whether or not it fit the current roster. That's probably a big reason why Armstrong left after a disappointing year, he didn't want to play another year in a scheme that's a very poor fit for him surrounded by very poor talent.

He has the potential to be a starter for us down the line but he should at least be able to contribute as a nickel/dime rusher pretty early on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has the potential to be a starter for us down the line but he should at least be able to contribute as a nickel/dime rusher pretty early on.
If he outperforms Benson Mayowa, it is a successful pick.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

1. Mahomes is a badass

2. You can't judge the play of Armstong in this game again some really horrific players along the TTU OL.

3. Still, Armstrong is a good player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
1. Mahomes is a badass

2. You can't judge the play of Armstong in this game again some really horrific players along the TTU OL.

3. Still, Armstrong is a good player.
Your TT homerism sickens me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Armstrong looks efficient and I like the way he keeps his legs moving on the outside rush. There’s no difference-making athleticism so he has a long way to go.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, we traded Switzer, eh? That amazes me. We rarely if ever trade a player that soon after drafting them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So, we traded Switzer, eh? That amazes me. We rarely if ever trade a player that soon after drafting them.
That's true. And trading player for player seems pretty rare for.

I'm glad though, my patience had already run thin with Switzer. He made some boneheaded decisions as a returner to the point they were putting Beasley back there anytime the returner might have to make a decision.

I don't know if ward will work out but it's worth a flyer on a player that was a former 2nd rounder.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Armstrong looks efficient and I like the way he keeps his legs moving on the outside rush. There’s no difference-making athleticism so he has a long way to go.

I'm surprised you are somewhat positive about him. He seems a little undersized for your tastes.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I actually like the Armstrong pick. I like the profile of guys who play in major conferences for terrible downtrodden teams but still manage to make a name for themselves. And I remember when OU played them, the comments were that KU is horrible but the one part of their team that is okay is their D-line, and Armstrong is the one to worry about.

Top Bottom