2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I just don't see how Mike White makes this team capable of competing better this year.
Thinking only of the hear and now is pretty stupid. Especially when we're talking about an end of the 5th pick. And I know for a fact, that exact topic is a popular point of contention to bitch about on this board. That this FO has no foresight to look to the future. Always waiting for a problem to bite them in the ass before they do anything about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thinking only of the hear and now is pretty stupid. Especially when we're talking about an end of the 5th pick. And I know for a fact, that exact topic is a popular point of contention to bitch about on this board. That this FO has no foresight to look to the future. Always waiting for a problem to bite them in the ass before they do anything about it.
Mike White is not going to supplant Prescott or even Rush for that matter.

D

Deuce

White sucked dick at USF, but WKU developed something in him. He was solid at the Senior Bowl. He’s a statue though.

data

Forbes #1
Props.

Radio feed saying Kellen Moore has history with White before this process as they shared coaches.

If you're gonna hit the lotto, I'd rather hit it at QB than Maurice Hurst. I'm not close to confident Dak is a set-in-stone starter for the next 2 years to the end of his contract.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Mike White is not going to supplant Prescott or even Rush for that matter.
Nobody says a late 5th has to come in and supplant your starter. Or be the instant backup. He's a developmental QB. Somebody that may turn in to something, may not. He might be a player on our team down the road, or might be a trade piece.

You are obviously looking for a reason to bitch. Because YOU are one of the loudest voices in the room for taking developmental QBs. In fact, you advocate taking one every year. But now when we do, you cry about it?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nobody says a late 5th has to come in and supplant your starter. Or be the instant backup. He's a developmental QB. Somebody that may turn in to something, may not. He might be a player on our team down the road, or might be a trade piece.

You are obviously looking for a reason to bitch. Because YOU are one of the loudest voices in the room for taking developmental QBs. In fact, you advocate taking one every year. But now when we do, you cry about it?
If it makes you feel better, I had White in the top 100. He could end up playing in this league.

I just see the Cowboys too married to Prescott to give him a fair shot. Nor do I have a lot of faith in this staff to be able to develop and trade. It is just not what we do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Props.

Radio feed saying Kellen Moore has history with White before this process as they shared coaches.
Date line: February 1, 2019. Jason Garrett fired. Replaced by Kellen Moore as head coach.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I just see the Cowboys too married to Prescott to give him a fair shot. Nor do I have a lot of faith in this staff to be able to develop and trade. It is just not what we do.
Yet you say we should do it every year. So which is it? Should we do it, or should we not?

midswat

... soon
Kelly to the Rams.

One of the best teams in the NFC just got a bit better. Him and Gurley will murder people.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I’d be happy with WR Marcell Ateman at this point.

Top Bottom