2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't hate the Austin trade for a 6th but not at his current salary. Feels like Dallas is throwing WRs at the wall and hoping one sticks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Watched the Rams a lot last year, and by mid year or so they weren't even using him as a WR. They'd put him in the backfield and pitch it to him. He would get pretty good yardage on those plays, just outrunning everyone to the sideline.

He should be a great punt returner, but they replaced him because his hands are suspect.

All that said, I think it's worth a 6th round pick. I do doubt they use him properly like so often happens here.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't hate the Austin trade for a 6th but not at his current salary. Feels like Dallas is throwing WRs at the wall and hoping one sticks.
trying to re-work the depth chart, but i see Austin also being another Dunbar type for Linehan. Jet sweep anyone?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dunbar? Please. He's not the second coming of Darren Sproles like Dunbar.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, people said coming up to this draft that Jerry would have to make a trade for a splash type player since the draft was in his house.

I can live with this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm guessing Cole Beasley doesn't even make it to training camp
Austin should have nothing to do with him. Austin can't function as a slot WR.

And honestly, his trade value deteriorates when the draft is over. If they just cut him to save money and pay a waste like Austin $5M in guaranteed money, they are fuckin' retarded.

Top Bottom