Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaylon Smith doing drills without brace

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'm talking about down the road when Sean Lee is probably retired.
    I hope he's ready soon because I think Sean Lee is near the end of the road, he'll be 32 when this season starts. Very smart player but I question how much longer he can handle the job physically. I could see him as a LB coach when the time comes and would welcome that move. I think he would make an excellent coach, very smart, very knowledgeable.

    Comment


    • #77
      We don't know shit about LVE yet.

      He could be Bobby Carpenter Part Deux.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
        We don't know shit about LVE yet.

        He could be Bobby Carpenter Part Deux.
        Funny you don't say stuff like that about Barkley...

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          Funny you don't say stuff like that about Barkley...
          He was an elite player in college over multiple years at a major university.

          LVE was playing 8 man football in bum fucked not long ago.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
            He was an elite player in college over multiple years at a major university.

            LVE was playing 8 man football in bum fucked not long ago.
            High school?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
              If Smith can regain like 90% of his Notre Dame athleticism and improve his play recognition him and Vander Esch could definitely be one of the best LB combos in the league.
              Itís that 10% that made him special. Thatís a huge difference in the NFL. Iím just hoping Smith can be what Hitchins was.

              Comment


              • #82
                Jaylon said yesterday that he ran a 3.98 20 yard shuttle drill. I have not seen that verified, but if true, holy shit.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                  Jaylon said yesterday that he ran a 3.98 20 yard shuttle drill. I have not seen that verified, but if true, holy shit.
                  Heard that on the radio yesterday too
                  2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                    Jaylon said yesterday that he ran a 3.98 20 yard shuttle drill. I have not seen that verified, but if true, holy shit.
                    You're right. LVH ran a 4.15 at the combine. The fastest LB was 4.07 though a lot of the elite guys didn't run it at all.
                    I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                    'nuff said

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Hes packed on 8 pounds of muscle, and is at a stellar 3.5 percent body fat. Whoa, somebody got serious.
                      defense wins championships

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                        Hes packed on 8 pounds of muscle, and is at a stellar 3.5 percent body fat. Whoa, somebody got serious.
                        It still won't matter if he can't read what is unfolding in front of him.

                        Too many times last year he was like a dog chasing hubcaps.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                          It still won't matter if he can't read what is unfolding in front of him.

                          Too many times last year he was like a dog chasing hubcaps.
                          This is true although we don't know how much of that was a lack of confidence in his lateral agility. He was clearly much more explosive in a straight line so that could've resulted in him taking more risks guessing where the ball was going instead of waiting to read the play out.

                          At any rate, I'm confident that his mental processing will improve if for no other reason than the presence of Lee. Myles Jack looked completely lost as a rookie and then was a Pro Bowl caliber player last year, if Smith truly is anywhere near 100% physically I expect a similar type of jump.

                          The good thing is that Vander Esch is actually excellent at reading plays and slithering through traffic/past blocks, so even if Smith doesn't improve much in that regard, we'll have another LB aside from Lee with that ability to diagnose.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                            You're right. LVH ran a 4.15 at the combine. The fastest LB was 4.07 though a lot of the elite guys didn't run it at all.
                            There were only two people that ran it faster at this year's combine and both were DBs.
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                              It still won't matter if he can't read what is unfolding in front of him.

                              Too many times last year he was like a dog chasing hubcaps.
                              Injury recovery while working through what was essentially his rookie season.

                              Weíll see the real Jaylon by the end of the year.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                                Injury recovery while working through what was essentially his rookie season.

                                Weíll see the real Jaylon by the end of the year.
                                Let's hope. But the early results weren't promising.

                                He COULD develop and end up great, but I don't think it's wise to count on that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X