Chatter grows about Cowboys possibly pursuing Earl Thomas

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Dallas gives up more than a third, they are insane.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
or if Earl is just pushing for a new contract or trade. Tells us nothing regarding whether the teams are in contact.

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
or if Earl is just pushing for a new contract or trade. Tells us nothing regarding whether the teams are in contact.
He wouldn't be the first player to try and use a high profile team for that sort of thing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Thomas seems like an Ed Reed type to me and for that reason I'd be fine with a 3rd. You also have Weddle who is playing at a high level at 31, 32 years old so I expect Thomas to still be elite or near-elite for at least another 3 years, if not up to 5.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

shane

DCC 4Life
Thomas seems like an Ed Reed type to me and for that reason I'd be fine with a 3rd. You also have Weddle who is playing at a high level at 31, 32 years old so I expect Thomas to still be elite or near-elite for at least another 3 years, if not up to 5.
If we could get Thomas for a third and draft Vea in the first round, we should have one of the best defenses in the league if the LB core holds up

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Does Mike Fisher know anything? I've heard the name but he works for 247sports so I suspect he's FOS.
I'd agree, but for the fact that the ol wil'catter is still ultimately in charge.

Jerry has done some dumb shit, but a 2nd for ET, would rank near the top. This move would be acceptable IF we were one player from a legitimate SB run... but we're not.

west723

Brand New Member
Seattle is looking for a 1st & 3rd rounder for Thomas. Never going to happen at that price. Thomas says he won't play without and extension. Wants something like Eric Berry got that was 6 year/78 million. Way to rich for Dallas.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'd agree, but for the fact that the ol wil'catter is still ultimately in charge.

Jerry has done some dumb shit, but a 2nd for ET, would rank near the top. This move would be acceptable IF we were one player from a legitimate SB run... but we're not.
You're forgetting that the owner is delusional. Why else would Garrett still be the coach?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guys.....the gap between Philly and Dallas isn’t that wide......~pours glass of Johnny Walker Blue~

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Seattle is looking for a 1st & 3rd rounder for Thomas. Never going to happen at that price. Thomas says he won't play without and extension. Wants something like Eric Berry got that was 6 year/78 million. Way to rich for Dallas.
An idiotic contract for anyone not named Ed Reed.

Top Bottom