Chatter grows about Cowboys possibly pursuing Earl Thomas

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The offer should go down another round each day they don't accept.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

give Skip a sedative

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

give Skip a sedative
I think he secretly is making fun of us

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
In reality our offer should go down as the season goes on. You're getting less playing time out of the player in his prime. So it only figures that the value of the trade would be less. You're talking right now about 16 games before we could presumably sign him. The longer they wait the less the point in trading for him.
This is what I would do. After each week, decrease the offer by one round.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nobody's going to give them their asking price, not at this point. They've clearly overplayed their hand and will be stuck with a disgruntled player, at least for awhile.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
How pissed will you guys be when Jerry sends them a first round pick today or tomorrow?

Newt

DCC 4Life
How pissed will you guys be when Jerry sends them a first round pick today or tomorrow?
Honestly, if he could be elite for 4 or 5 years here, i wouldn't hate it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, if he could be elite for 4 or 5 years here, i wouldn't hate it.
He will be free to sign after this year. He wants to play in Dallas. It's not that complicated. Wait that shit out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How many safeties have been elite at 32 and up?
Off the top of my head, Ed Reed, Eric Weddle, Brian Dawkins, Rodney Harrison, maybe Charles Woodson although he was kind of a CB/S hybrid, and I'm sure there are more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off the top of my head, Ed Reed, Eric Weddle, Brian Dawkins, Rodney Harrison, maybe Charles Woodson although he was kind of a CB/S hybrid, and I'm sure there are more.
Yeah the only thing that worries me about Thomas is he is already a smaller safety. I'd be concerned that his body is going to start breaking down from the abuse. The last two seasons he wasn't able to play a full 16 games and he is 8 years in the NFL now. This isn't a spring chicken and that abuse takes it's toll on the body. Most players who have played as many snaps as him are more like 31 years old right now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
5 out of thousands....I wouldn't give a third for him much less a second or first.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If we end up trading a prime pick for this guy to shore up our safety position, I will hate Jason Garrett even more. If that red headed cocksucker didn't play for a win in that last useless game last year, we could have just drafted Derwin James and profited.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
5 out of thousands....I wouldn't give a third for him much less a second or first.
Isn't 5 out of a thousand the definition of elite, especially factoring in age?

Top Bottom