Dez Bryant released

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So Bryant's dumb ass blew up based off of this:

It was originally presented to Dez as if he were the only one in Dak's ear. Implying that he was the distraction impacting Dak's development. The original tweet to him excluded Witten being in Dak's ear as well. So I can see how that would set him off.

midswat

... soon
I see nothing wrong with anything Dez is saying.

Guy hasn't been on the team for months and is looking for work still, and our front office is going on radio and still throwing him under the bus?

So glad Dez is speaking out about our shit offense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was originally presented to Dez as if he were the only one in Dak's ear. Implying that he was the distraction impacting Dak's development. The original tweet to him excluded Witten being in Dak's ear as well. So I can see how that would set him off.
"Presented"?

He is the guy running around looking at his mentions on Twitter and he fell for it. And not only fell for it, he went apeshit acting like a psycho ex-girlfriend that can't get over the fact she was dumped.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I see nothing wrong with anything Dez is saying.

Guy hasn't been on the team for months and is looking for work still, and our front office is going on radio and still throwing him under the bus?

So glad Dez is speaking out about our shit offense.
Stephen Jones is an idiot for wording it like he did, but it is not exactly rolling him under the bus. He actually followed it up with a passive aggressive compliment.

And let's be real for a second, is anything he said not self evident? Bryant was constantly orbiting Prescott's head demanding the ball. So was Witten.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez was given way too much leeway too early in his career. He is what Terrell Owens might have become had he not had strong coaching and Jerry Rice as an influence early on.

Some real coaching and guidance could have made Dez into a Hall of Fame player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Nice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

midswat

... soon
Stephen Jones is an idiot for wording it like he did, but it is not exactly rolling him under the bus. He actually followed it up with a passive aggressive compliment.

And let's be real for a second, is anything he said not self evident? Bryant was constantly orbiting Prescott's head demanding the ball. So was Witten.
Meh. Gist was he suggested Dak would be better without dez in his ear. While true, it essentially scapegoats our offensive woes on Dez. Dez called Bs and appropriately placed the blame.

I give him props.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This dumb ass just won't be satisfied until he Tweets himself right out of the league.

If I am the Browns looking at this meltdown, I know I don't sign him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Meh. Gist was he suggested Dak would be better without dez in his ear. While true, it essentially scapegoats our offensive woes on Dez. Dez called Bs and appropriately placed the blame.

I give him props.
Except its probably only a partial truth. Without arguing that our offense can be unoriginal, Dez's limitations made it hard to do different things as well, cause you couldn't count on him to line up properly at times.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Except its probably only a partial truth. Without arguing that our offense can be unoriginal, Dez's limitations made it hard to do different things as well, cause you couldn't count on him to line up properly at times.
If Garrett has been consistent about one thing, it is stressing that the players execute. And I think that was part of the problem with Bryant.

If the pattern was supposed to be a 15 yard dig, Bryant would round it off at 12.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If Garrett has been consistent about one thing, it is stressing that the players execute. And I think that was part of the problem with Bryant.

If the pattern was supposed to be a 15 yard dig, Bryant would round it off at 12.
Exactly, I think we all know Garrett is not a "beat you with Xs and Y's" coach. He came of age in Dallas in the early 90's. We won a Super Bowl by calling lead right 8 times in a row against Buffalo. Just go out and fucking do it and they can't stop you.

And I know everyone is gonna complain about the pass happiness, but the fact is, SINCE we got the offensive line to do it, with the exception of an arguable period of time in 2013 when not all the OL pieces were in place yet, he has stuck to his run-run-run first philosophy since he acquired the horses to do so (to the extent that "run-happiness" really defines the Cowboys to their detriment more than pass-happiness now).

It's pretty apparent that Bryant cannot be trusted. The film is out there and it's why no one wants him now. All star athleticism. Ten cent head. Unreliable hands, too.

He just had a ridiculous habit of dropping passes, fumbling, or having the smallest thing blow up the biggest plays, at the worst times. The guy just wasn't aware, he wasn't clutch, he wasn't reliable, he wasn't present, and it's unfortunate, cause if we had an engaged, healthy Dez, I think this team might be a Super Bowl contender, but that player may not exist anymore, and all you are left with is a guy who is hanging your struggling, learning QB out to dry 3-4 times a game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
"Presented"?

He is the guy running around looking at his mentions on Twitter and he fell for it. And not only fell for it, he went apeshit acting like a psycho ex-girlfriend that can't get over the fact she was dumped.
And this stupid MF talk will prevent him further from finding another gig. God he’s stupid .

data

Forbes #1
Fourth best #88 in franchise history, behind Jackie Harris.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Nice.
This is huge. IT is quite obvious now that Dez was a huge distraction. When the team leaders will come right out and say it in public, it means it was bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is huge. IT is quite obvious now that Dez was a huge distraction. When the team leaders will come right out and say it in public, it means it was bad.
Yep it's starting become clear why Dez had to absolutely be booted off the team. Honestly it was pretty clear from the clip of him ripping into the WR's coach that Dez was a horrible influence on the team. I'm glad he is gone. His skills were not good enough to offset his negative impact on the team. Especially while making 17 mil a season.

We are better off without him. It's sad because Dez was one of my favorite players. But he is really starting to tarnish some of the feelings Cowboys fans have had towards him and on top of that he is killing his own career with this shit. Sort of shows what is really important to him. And it's not playing football and winning games.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
...or that he's off the team so throwing him under the bus in a diplomatic way has no repercussions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dez had tremendous talent and a great opportunity to use it but my take is that he had a superior QB to play with in Romo who could get the best out of him and after Romo left he couldn’t deal with a Rookie QB who had a steep learning curve. Dak’s Second year was worse and Bryant became more frustrated and it simply took him out of the need to re-examine the situation. It all just got the best of him mentally.

Top Bottom