Dez Bryant released

p1_

DCC 4Life
I know right.

Besides, nothing about this guy's resume screams "next head coach in waiting/hot coordinator to keep an eye on".

The guy was the receivers coach for some of the NFL's least productive groups of wideouts over the past decade.

But on the other hand, resume means nothing when it comes to the Joneses. See Jason Garrett.
You're right about Lal, but actually, I was talking about Richard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stephen Jones isn’t sure why Dez Bryant hasn’t signed

Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2018, 6:32 PM EDT

The Cowboys didn’t want receiver Dez Bryant. The Cowboys aren’t sure why no one else does.

”I don’t know the details as to why he hasn’t picked a home,” Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said Tuesday, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I am sure he is being very thoughtful about it. I am sure he has good people talking to him too. I am sure at the end of the day he is being thoughtful about what his next steps should be. I am sure he is working hard. No one is rooting for Dez more than we are.”

Jones said, according to Hill, that multiple teams have inquired about Bryant — and that whoever signs him will get a player who has extra motivation.

“You know at [NFL] meetings I have had different conversations about him,” Jones said. “At the Competition Committee meeting, some of the coaches there speak to it. I’m sure other coaches have called our coaches and wanted input on him. The greatest thing about Dez is he is a fierce competitor. I think he is now more driven and more competitive than he has ever been. We wish him nothing but the best.”

If he’s going to be that driven and that much more competitive, why don’t the Cowboys bring him back? Why did they cut him in the first place, when they could have tried to negotiate a new contract with a lower salary?

The Cowboys seem to be engaged in an awkward good-cop, bad-cop routine regarding Dez, with guys like Will McClay and Sanjay Lal making candid negative remarks about his current skills and guys like Stephen Jones and Jerry Jones throwing Dez repeated verbal bouquets. It’s almost as if the Joneses are trying to keep Dez from being more upset with the Cowboys than he already is — even though Jerry has made it clear that there’s no way Dez will be coming back.

So, to summarize: The Cowboys think Dez would be a great addition to any NFL team. Except theirs, of course.

data

Forbes #1
At this point, probably best to wait for a training camp injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, to summarize: The Cowboys think Dez would be a great addition to any NFL team. Except theirs, of course.
This is exactly right. I love how Jerry and his son still talk the guy up like he is something awesome. Yet Dallas had no interest in keeping him. Obviously Dallas doesn't really think that highly of him. Just makes them look like retards at this point to keep talking the guy up like he is still awesome.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is exactly right. I love how Jerry and his son still talk the guy up like he is something awesome. Yet Dallas had no interest in keeping him. Obviously Dallas doesn't really think that highly of him. Just makes them look like retards at this point to keep talking the guy up like he is still awesome.
It is a face saving move. They can't disparage him now after they bent over backwards trying to make him a face of the franchise.

townsend

Banned
It is a face saving move. They can't disparage him now after they bent over backwards trying to make him a face of the franchise.
Also there’s just no better way to win a breakup than talking up the one you just dumped.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And yet everyone knows that the Jones company line is straight up bullshit. I almost feel sorry for Dez at this point. He's definitely on the outside looking in.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Deion Sanders: Cowboys should bring Dez Bryant back

By Herbie Teope
Around The NFL Writer
Published: June 6, 2018 at 10:17 a.m.
Updated: June 6, 2018 at 10:57 a.m.

Dez Bryant remains unsigned since the Dallas Cowboys released the three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver in April.

Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, however, believes the Cowboys should bring Bryant home.

"Let's just apologize and say, 'Dez, I'm sorry. I made a mistake. Come on back,'" Sanders said during a Tuesday guest appearance on 105.3 The Fan. "You didn't know Jason Witten was getting ready to [retire]. You didn't know this knucklehead [Terrance Williams] was getting ready to do what he did [when he] got out of the car and [ran] out of the Lamborghini. Who leaves the scene of a crime with a Lamborghini? Let bygones be bygones, bring the dude back and let's move on."

The Ravens courted Bryant shortly after his release in Dallas, but the wide receiver elected to not sign, a situation Bryant later said he didn't regret.

Since then, the free-agent market for his services has been relatively quiet as teams around the league enter the final phase of the offseason workout program before taking a break ahead of training camps.

Bryant has taken a deliberate approach to free agency, and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport recently reported the eighth-year pro isn't expected to sign with a team before late July.

Meanwhile, Sanders appeared to fully understand why Bryant remains a free agent.

"You have two situations here: Do I go somewhere where I can get this money, or do I go somewhere where I can win?" Sanders said. "At this stage in Dez's career, winning and money aren't going to travel together, so you have to figure out which one is the most important to you."

Whether a signing results in a return to Dallas remains to be seen, but the Cowboys could make sense given Williams' situation.

The Cowboys currently have $11.4 million in available salary-cap space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh, hell nah.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Deion Sanders: Cowboys should bring Dez Bryant back

He was volatile as hell before. He would be ten times as bad if we brought him back. It would be monumentally stupid.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Deion was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

shane

DCC 4Life
I do think Dez's attitude helped us for awhile, but that hasn't been for several years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dez is finally naming names. Plus he even called Jerry clueless. :lol

Too many tweets to reference. Just follow the trail starting with this one. Or you can go to Dez's Twitter page.

Bottom line: Sean Lee and Travis Frederick are the Captains he was referring to.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Fuck Dez Bryant. Sincerely.

His stupid ass that couldn't run a route restricted the entire offense. His me-first bullshit drove everyone crazy.

I for one am very happy if guys like Lee and Frederick orchestrated him out of Dallas. Those two are excellent players and actually work at their craft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's not saying anything that hasn't been said here over and over as far as play calling and the like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's not saying anything that hasn't been said here over and over as far as play calling and the like.
And it is entirely possible for the playcalling AND Dez Bryant to suck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So Bryant's dumb ass blew up based off of this:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And it is entirely possible for the playcalling AND Dez Bryant to suck.
And? I don't care if you guys bash Dez. He wasn't worth what he was getting paid and it was time for him to go. All I said was that I agreed with what he was saying.

Top Bottom