Dez Bryant released

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The last half decade of incompetence around Aikman ruined the end of his career and leaves him criminally underrated in the grand scheme of things all-time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will never get rid of Garrett if you are worried about getting worse. Whats worse? Staying put with this or taking a chance with the unknown. I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure everybody was panning the Pederson hire. I dont need a couple more years of the same disappointment to know its time to move on regardless.
It's sort of a similar thought process I have with QBs. Don't give me a veteran who I know sucks if I have the option of a young unknown QB. Same thing with a head coach. If the best Garrett is going to do is a one and done head coach in the playoffs than why not role the dice on an unkown? There is no benefit in the NFL to finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs and I don't want to get stuck in mediocrity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kris Richard will be your next HC. Bookmark this post and prop it accordingly when it proves to be correct.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kris Richard will be your next HC. Bookmark this post and prop it accordingly when it proves to be correct.
I like him that much that I'd be ok with it. I've been impressed with the new WRs coach as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I like him that much that I'd be ok with it. I've been impressed with the new WRs coach as well.
I will wait until this season is over to cast my judgment. I really like what I have heard from him so far, and he did an elite job in Seattle, so my hopes are high.

Cotton

Staff member
DC? Probably. HC? I'm skeptical.
I think he takes over for Marinelli next year if Garrett is back, and then HC the year after. If Garrett gets canned this next year, I would bet dollars to donuts that he goes straight to HC.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The last half decade of incompetence around Aikman ruined the end of his career and leaves him criminally underrated in the grand scheme of things all-time.
I have made this point about him many times only to be ostersized. Aikman is as good as who he is playing with and that is true of a lot of Quarterbacks. The only QB in the Cowboys history that seemed to reasonably be consistent with production was Tony Romo no matter who made up the rest of the team.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I have made this point about him many times only to be ostersized. Aikman is as good as who he is playing with and that is true of a lot of Quarterbacks. The only QB in the Cowboys history that seemed to reasonably be consistent with production was Tony Romo no matter who made up the rest of the team.
I can agree with that. He had a HOF RB, OL and WR, a great offensive line, a great TE to keep defenses honest and a very good defense to keep teams off the field including a HOF DE and CB. Those were just good teams overall. Generally speaking, Romo did a lot with not as great a supporting cast.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You will never get rid of Garrett if you are worried about getting worse. Whats worse? Staying put with this or taking a chance with the unknown. I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure everybody was panning the Pederson hire. I dont need a couple more years of the same disappointment to know its time to move on regardless.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He hasn’t coached a down for us yet. I wouldn’t pencil him in as the next coach just yet.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah the stuff I have read about him actually sounds like he is highly intelligent and actually knows what the hell he is talking about.
Not to mention he already has won the Joneses over from what I hear.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah the stuff I have read about him actually sounds like he is highly intelligent and actually knows what the hell he is talking about.
Joe Baker was supposedly a smart guy that hung out a long time. Turns out the guy was a fucktard.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He hasn’t coached a down for us yet. I wouldn’t pencil him in as the next coach just yet.
I know right.

Besides, nothing about this guy's resume screams "next head coach in waiting/hot coordinator to keep an eye on".

The guy was the receivers coach for some of the NFL's least productive groups of wideouts over the past decade.

But on the other hand, resume means nothing when it comes to the Joneses. See Jason Garrett.

Top Bottom