Dez Bryant released

data

Forbes #1
is Aikman referring to Kelvin Martin or Jay Novacek as #3?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
is Aikman referring to Kelvin Martin or Jay Novacek as #3?
He was close to Novacek so I would assume it was him.

vince

Not So New Member
The decision was the right decision. Teams are not beating the door to get to Dez. That should tell yous something. He'll get signed, no question, but other teams saw what we saw.

As much as I love to blame Garrett for his shitty, vanilla offense, it's hard to scheme around a guy who 8 years into his career is still freelancing his routes.
I'm far from a Dez apologist, but maybe he's freelancing his routes because the plays just suck?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rumor has it there were trade offers on the table. I'm digging around now to see if I can find any proof of that.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
This from Archer:

I wonder why some people believe the Cowboys did Bryant wrong by waiting until April 13 to release him. The Cowboys had designs on making the move on the first day of free agency when they thought they were going to sign Sammy Watkins (who instead went to the Kansas City Chiefs). Had they cut Bryant before that, they would have been ridiculed for doing so without a replacement on hand. They could have cut him after signing Allen Hurns on March 23 but didn't. There were trade discussions regarding Bryant after the Cowboys signed Hurns, but nobody would take on the contract, even for a late-round pick. When it became obvious a trade wouldn't happen, the Cowboys chose to let Bryant go before the offseason program begins Monday.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/273663/five-wonders-examining-dez-bryants-present-past-and-future

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumor has it there were trade offers on the table. I'm digging around now to see if I can find any proof of that.
I know I have read that the Cowboys at least explored trade possibilities with regards to Dez. I'm not sure why we would have turned anything down if someone actually offered anything.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The decision was the right decision. Teams are not beating the door to get to Dez. That should tell yous something. He'll get signed, no question, but other teams saw what we saw.

As much as I love to blame Garrett for his shitty, vanilla offense, it's hard to scheme around a guy who 8 years into his career is still freelancing his routes.
No one was going to trade for that contract for sure.

Someone is going to get a very good and very passionate player. Interesting targets off the top of my head are Atlanta, both LA teams, 49ers, and New Orleans.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Someone is going to get a very good and very passionate player. Interesting targets off the top of my head are Atlanta, both LA teams, 49ers, and New Orleans.
Yeah I'm guessing he gets more of a one year 7 mil type deal but we will see. It doesn't seem like anyone is knocking down his door right now. Sort of tells me that maybe Dez has a higher opinion of himself than NFL teams do.

Cotton

Staff member

Someone is going to get a TO without the TO talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Third greatest cowboys WR of all time? Fourth?
I am sure people will elevate him like Romo.

Frankly, he was a posterchild for Jerry Jones' coddling.

Talented but hardly all-time great.

Irvin, Hayes, Pearson, Owens, Bryant, Hill.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah I'm guessing he gets more of a one year 7 mil type deal but we will see. It doesn't seem like anyone is knocking down his door right now. Sort of tells me that maybe Dez has a higher opinion of himself than NFL teams do.
Or it tells you that most teams have either spent most/all of their money, and/or are already set at the position.

Top Bottom