Dez Bryant released

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't see Witten as a progress stopper at all. He still is productive in the passing game and his blocking is still very good. Not only that, but it is clear he is a leader...so much so that when Dez would melt down he would get after him on the sideline. His production is still fine, 7th in receptions for TEs last year, with a predominantly run first team. He will be the 9th highest paid TE, getting less than such greats as Trey Burton and Charles Clay.

Witten is the least of our worries.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:unsure

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Not defending Dak, they clearly didn't have good chemistry between them and Dez's decline started before Prescott was even drafted. Also, Dak is not as good at improvising under pressure as Romo was.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I guess you could say it doesnt get any worse.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dak Prescott: Dez Bryant's release 'not my decision'

By Jeremy Bergman
Around The NFL Writer
Published: April 15, 2018 at 09:56 a.m.
Updated: April 15, 2018 at 10:10 a.m.

Dez Bryant was irked Friday night following his release for, among other things, not being named captain during his nine-year tenure in Dallas.

The former Cowboys receiver told NFL Network's Jane Slater regarding the "Garrett Guys" who he claims are to blame partially for his release, "Little do they know is, you know, they can wear that 'C' all they want to, but in that locker room ... they know who they communicate with. Everybody knows where the real love is at. I'm not throwing anybody under the bus, but that's the difference between me and them."

On Saturday night, Dak Prescott, one of those players donning the "C", spoke out on Bryant's departure.

"Yeah, obviously it's sad news. That's like a brother to me," Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott said at his inaugural Women's Clinic in Dallas, per the Cowboys' website. "You can put the football stuff behind you. What he meant to me as a person, what he meant to me as a brother. It's tough to see him go."

Prescott confirmed to reporters that he talked with Bryant following Friday's news and "traded text messages" with him.

Unconfirmed reports circulated after Dez's cut that Prescott was one of the main voices in the Dallas locker room advocating for Bryant's release. The third-year quarterback denied as much when asked if the Cowboys front office approached him for his opinion on the matter.

"I'm in my second year," Prescott reported. "As much as you want to say, 'I want a say-so' or this and that, those guys get paid a lot more than me. That's what those guys get paid to do. That's not my decision. I didn't really know if it was happening. I can't say I thought it would fully happen."

Despite Bryant's decrease in production over the years, the quarterback will miss the veteran presence, who leaves a wide receiver room now populated by the likes of Allen Hurns, Terrance Williams, Deonte Thompson and Cole Beasley. It's hard to replace a franchise legend and Dallas' all-time leader in touchdown receptions (73), something Prescott is well aware of.

"He's a great player. He did a lot of great things for us," Prescott said of Bryant. "He was a guy, man-to-man, you go to. At this point, we've got to figure that out with the guys we've got I'm sure we'll go after guys in the draft or free agency. All I can do is continue to get better at my job.

"Dez is going to be a hard guy to replace. He's a talented guy. He will be missed."

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not defending Dak but they clearly didn't have good chemistry between them and Dez's decline started before Prescott was even drafted. Also, Dak is not as good at improvising under pressure as Romo was.
Anytime you have to qualify something with 'but'... Yeah. You are.

And as far as Dez declining before Dak was even drafted, as you say... His last three full seasons before 2016 when Dak was drafted he played all 16 games, going for 1,382 yds and 12 TD, 1,233 and 13, and 1,320 and 16. In 2015 hurt his foot in the first game, then tried to rush back and played hurt from week 8-15. Shut down last two games.

Not sure where you're getting that he was already declining before Dak was drafted, unless, yeah. You're trying to defend Dak by just making shit up.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Not defending Dak but they clearly didn't have good chemistry between them and Dez's decline started before Prescott was even drafted. Also, Dak is not as good at improvising under pressure as Romo was.
id also go as far as saying nobody sans Aaron Rodgers was as good at improvising under pressure. He might have been the best I've ever seen with it

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Might have something to do with Dez missing 10 games total in 2015 and 2016, not even breaking 800 yards in either season and a pathetically low catch % both seasons. Yeah he was named to the WGAS pro bowl in 2016 but that was as a replacement for someone, I can't remember who. Oh, I also edited a previous comment to remove the word "but".

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think he ends up there, but I could see him having success with Stafford. He has always been a guy he throws it up and lets his WRs make plays.

vince

Not So New Member
Odds of getting Earl Thomas went from 5% to 50%, per Clayton.

Cotton

Staff member

vince

Not So New Member
My hate for Garrett is at an all time high.

data

Forbes #1
I’d like Dez to call Spags after Spags writes his ‘Dez sucks’ article

Cotton

Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life
My hate for Garrett is at an all time high.
The decision was the right decision. Teams are not beating the door to get to Dez. That should tell yous something. He'll get signed, no question, but other teams saw what we saw.

As much as I love to blame Garrett for his shitty, vanilla offense, it's hard to scheme around a guy who 8 years into his career is still freelancing his routes.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom