Dez Bryant released

deadrise

DCC 4Life
From what I read Witten will count $2.9 million against the cap and they could save $4.7 million if they dump him before June 1.

With those numbers how do they dump Dez and not Witten?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
1. He's a Garrett Guy and is in the Jones family will & trust.

2. He was making about half as much as Dez.

Check with Number 1.

As for Number 2., he still consumes way too much money for his production. Get rid of Dez and Witten both you're looking at $16 million in cap savings.

Or, could it be he's a white guy who's sucked up to the organization and never caused any trouble? Is that a reason to keep him?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
JFC, what is up with this Dezathon on NFLN? Is it because he played for Dallas, the cut got so much publicity or do they think he's a first ballot HOFer or something stupid like that? Sheesh. When he was in Dallas, they microanalyzed every mistake he made and now they're promoting him. "Dez Bryant Classics?" Seriously?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Check with Number 1.

As for Number 2., he still consumes way too much money for his production. Get rid of Dez and Witten both you're looking at $16 million in cap savings.

Or, could it be he's a white guy who's sucked up to the organization and never caused any trouble? Is that a reason to keep him?
I think it's more about the fact that he wins NFL man of the year every year more-so than that he's white. Being a good employee makes a big difference but Witten's time is coming soon.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I get that Dez is a bit butthurt, but he has nothing to complain about. He was given a chance when many distanced themselves from him and when he showed signs of being a dumb ass, a security team was hired to babysit him. I think if those 2 things don't happen, Dez never becomes the player he was. He made good money and was given exposure most players don't get. He underutilized his time here commercially as well, because he is not real likeable. Thanks for the years Dez, but sorry you are leaving upset...it is the right move.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Is it a legitimate question? Maybe not.

But expressed in terms of pure dollars and cents, Witten's as much of a waste of resources as Dez.

How many other tight ends are there in the league his age making his money with his production?

Dez was a pain in the ass, disruptive, etc., etc. No question.

But Witten has been a progress stopper for the last three or four years. And he could be a progress stopper again this year.

Again, in pure dollars and cents, having got rid of Dez how does anybody justify keeping Witten?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I think it's more about the fact that he wins NFL man of the year every year more-so than that he's white. Being a good employee makes a big difference but Witten's time is coming soon.
Think Belichik gives a shit whether a player wins NFL man of the year?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is it a legitimate question? Maybe not.

But expressed in terms of pure dollars and cents, Witten's as much of a waste of resources as Dez.

How many other tight ends are there in the league his age making his money with his production?

Dez was a pain in the ass, disruptive, etc., etc. No question.

But Witten has been a progress stopper for the last three or four years. And he could be a progress stopper again this year.

Again, in pure dollars and cents, having got rid of Dez how does anybody justify keeping Witten?
I agree with all of this, but race has nothing to do with it, IMO.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Think Belichik gives a shit whether a player wins NFL man of the year?
Well actually it's pretty good PR for the team. So it matters a bit. Also, he's a future HOFer. Dez isn't.

The point is if you're gonna be overpaid, don't be a dick.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Well actually it's pretty good PR for the team. So it matters a bit. Also, he's a future HOFer. Dez isn't.

The point is if you're gonna be overpaid, don't be a dick.

Jerry's really good at generating good PR for the team, but he sucks at winning.

Look at all the stuff, the bad PR, that's swirled around the Pats, but all they do is win.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Jerry's really good at generating good PR for the team, but he sucks at winning.

Look at all the stuff, the bad PR, that's swirled around the Pats, but all they do is win.
Yeah, I think it has more to do with the best ever QB and best ever coach, but sure.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I think it has more to do with the best ever QB and best ever coach, but sure.

Maybe he's the best ever coach (and GM) because he might have dumped Dez a year ago and Witten two years ago. Emotion doesn't enter into it.

Is that possible?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Maybe he's the best ever coach (and GM) because he might have dumped Dez a year ago and Witten two years ago. Emotion doesn't enter into it.

Is that possible?
Yeah that's definitely part of it. No doubt. Also, his gameplans are amazing. Totally different approach to personnel. He hires the smartest players who can run his crazy schemes. Athleticism is secondary. You can get smart players later in the draft where they are always drafting.

Top Bottom