Dez Bryant released

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's about accountability. Frankly I think Garrett has serious accountability issues as well but that was the problem with Dez. He wasn't really accountable for his own poor play.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Well the knowledgeable fans are all pretty much GTFO so wah.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the knowledgeable fans are all pretty much GTFO so wah.
It is sort of funny seeing the Joe Fans freaking out over this like it's the end of the world. Dak had like a sub 70 QB rating throwing to Dez last year through November (he was like 95.3 to all other receivers last year). You're not losing a stud in the offense. You're losing something that was weighing down the offense last year. I still wish Dez the best of luck but I doubt that he has some sort of a rebound year. I'm guessing this will help Dak have a rebound year though.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
It is sort of funny seeing the Joe Fans freaking out over this like it's the end of the world. Dak had like a sub 70 QB rating throwing to Dez last year through November (he was like 95.3 to all other receivers last year). You're not losing a stud in the offense. You're losing something that was weighing down the offense last year. I still wish Dez the best of luck but I doubt that he has some sort of a rebound year. I'm guessing this will help Dak have a rebound year though.
Dez could very well have a rebound year next year. If he works on his route running he could have a renaissance late in his career. It's just not going to happen here. We have tried and tried and tried and it's just not happening. Eventually you need to part ways. The chemistry isn't here.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dez could very well have a rebound year next year. If he works on his route running he could have a renaissance late in his career. It's just not going to happen here. He have tried and tried and tried and it's just not happening. Eventually you need to part ways. The chemistry isn't here.
Yeah I don't have much faith that he is going to suddenly become a workaholic off the field. He's been in the league a long time. I can't imagine his offseason work ethic is going to change much.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I don't think Dez is mature enough to control himself and cut out his antics sufficiently for another team to keep him around long. He's mad at Dallas right now and that's understandable but once he catches on somewhere else I think he'll find pretty quickly nobody else will coddle him and bend over backwards the way Jerry did to pacify him over the years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dez could very well have a rebound year next year. If he works on his route running he could have a renaissance late in his career. It's just not going to happen here. He have tried and tried and tried and it's just not happening. Eventually you need to part ways. The chemistry isn't here.
I don't have much confidence that we will see a renaissance with Dez. He doesn't seem to notice there's a problem.

midswat

... soon
This will come back to haunt us.

I'm not saying he hasn't fallen off, or he deserved his money, or anything of the sort. But pair him with an accurate QB and he'll have a great season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My question is if they were placating Red Pube...who the fuck bends over backwards for a lame duck head coach. Extension imminent.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My question is if they were placating Red Pube...who the fuck bends over backwards for a lame duck head coach. Extension imminent.
I dont think he gets an extension. I do think he gets a front office job.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This will come back to haunt us.

I'm not saying he hasn't fallen off, or he deserved his money, or anything of the sort. But pair him with an accurate QB and he'll have a great season.

Correct.

This was a mistake.

west723

Brand New Member
This is a Jerry Jones thing. They have been talking about cutting him all off season. Dez says in Jan he won't take a pay cut then once he is cut says he would have taken a pay cut. It toke this long for the rest of the front office to talk Jerry into cutting him. Do think it is kinda funny that he is released on Friday the 13th. In the long run the team is better off without him, but they do need to more WR depth now in the draft/Trade/free agent.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Top Bottom