Dez Bryant released

p1_

DCC 4Life
Just heard on The Ticket. Dez is out.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Good riddance.

I think I want a receiver a bit more now...

I wonder if there is any way in hell we could swing DJ Moore and LVE...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why they did not wait until after the draft baffles my brain.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's the Cowboys....don't try to make sense of their flawed logic. You'll only give yourself a headache.

Last edited:

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Wait - I know. The offseason program begins tomorrow. I'm not sure if there is a workout or roster bonus but if he gets hurt in the program, they are on the hook for his contract.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Dez's skills were certainly declining but cutting him doesn't address the larger problem.....the Cowboys antiquated passing system. Dez wasn't the only WR struggling to get separation and make plays on this team. He just happened to have a bloated salary.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The bigger new is that Adam Shefter actually predicted something correctly. Albeit like 120 minutes early

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dez's skills were certainly declining but cutting him doesn't address the larger problem.....the Cowboys antiquated passing system. Dez wasn't the only WR struggling to get serparation and make plays on this team. He just happened to have a bloated salary.
I struggle to spell serparation...

Cotton

Staff member
It' the Cowboys....don't try to make sense of their flawed logic. You'll only give yuorself a headache.
I mean, I'm sure he will be a June 1 cut, so it literally makes zero difference in cap savings doing it now versus after the draft. Just so stupid. And, this coming from a person that wanted him gone.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Dez's skills were certainly declining but cutting him doesn't address the larger problem.....the Cowboys antiquated passing system. Dez wasn't the only WR struggling to get serparation and make plays on this team. He just happened to have a bloated salary.
Yeah, he'd probably still be in Dallas if he took a pay cut.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's what a friend and I were just discussing. Maybe as a favor to him?
Actually they really screwed him over by waiting this long. As Schefter pointed out this morning, most of the teams who were in need of a WR have already used their cap dollars on the receivers that were available at the moment.

If he signs with somewhere now, it'll probably be for much less than he would have commanded a month ago when there were more suitors and more money available.

Cotton

Staff member
That's what a friend and I were just discussing. Maybe as a favor to him?
If that's the case, that pisses me off even more. Jerry is always doing shit like this. COWBOYS FIRST, FUCKER!

Top Bottom