Dez Bryant released

p1_

DCC 4Life
Right decision, shitty execution.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see how Dak's game responds to this move. I think most will agree that he played his best stretch of football early in 2016 when Dez was out and he didn't have to worry about placating to an alpha receiver. He just got the ball out to whoever had the most favorable matchup based on the defense's coverage.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm fully on the DJ Moore train. Love me some Ridley, love me Moore more. Trade down if you have the cajones, but we need one of those two.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It'll be interesting to see how Dak's game responds to this move. I think most will agree that he played his best stretch of football early in 2016 when Dez was out and he didn't have to worry about placating to an alpha receiver. He just got the ball out to whoever had the most favorable matchup based on the defense's coverage.
This is a fallacy. Of his five games rated over 120 passer rating only one was without Dez ( the lowest one), against the abysmal Bears.

The entire offense took a step back in 2017, don’t try and pin it on one WR.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This is a fallacy. Of his five games rated over 120 passer rating only one was without Dez ( the lowest one), against the abysmal Bears.

Dez wasnt the only challenge we had last year, but of all the culprits.......

Zeke suspension, Tyron injured, Dak struggling....

a $16 million declining asset was the most glaring overpayment.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dez wasnt the only challenge we had last year, but of all the culprits.......

Zeke suspension, Tyron injured, Dak struggling....

a $16 million declining asset was the most glaring overpayment.
This

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Can't pin the whole thing on Dez but he was a significant portion of it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I guess $16 million wasn't enough to give him that edge.

Cotton

Staff member

All the QB's fault.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

All the QB's fault.
He just wasn't that good last year.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I guess $16 million wasn't enough to give him that edge.
You got overpaid for three years. Team showed you tons of loyalty and helped you through a ton of shit off the field. You don't mesh with the new QB. Anger towards the team is misplaced.

Cotton

Staff member
You got overpaid for three years. Team showed you tons of loyalty and helped you through a ton of shit off the field. You don't mesh with the new QB. Anger towards the team is misplaced.
You had to know he was going to be a little bitch about it, though.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Probably lands in DC. Snyder can't resist big names, and Dez fits that big-bodied Pierre Garcon role.

Cotton

Staff member
You have to know this was not a Jerry decision. Have both his hands finally released the wheel?

DLK150

DCC 4Life

All the QB's fault.
Yeah, Dak isn't perfect but if I had a dollar for every time DB had a pass bounce off his hands, ran a bad route or just couldn't get separation I could top off my gas tank, buy a case of beer and maybe some groceries.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Pretty simple for me. On the outside looking in, Dez was overpaid for his production, and those who blame Dak are somewhat correct but also wrong at the same time. At 16 million/year, a player is supposed to be a difference maker. The big question is, was Dez still a difference maker for the money he was pulling down?

Cowboy fans and the Jones posse are getting ready to find out if the Jer's wildcattin ways pay off, or he is still as ignorant as he's always been.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
You have to know this was not a Jerry decision. Have both his hands finally released the wheel?
Even if he did, goof son is right there in the passenger seat to take the wheel and the vehicle doesn't have GPS.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Interesting that they didn't even ask him to take a pay cut, and then he tweets something about the process.

Top Bottom