Dez Bryant released

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Actually they really screwed him over by waiting this long. As Schefter pointed out this morning, most of the teams who were in need of a WR have already used their cap dollars on thee receivers that were available at the moment.

If he signs with someone now, it'll probably be for must less than he would have commanded a month ago when there were more suiters and more money available.
That's a fair point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Did they bother to ask him to play for less money or did they outright release him?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually they really screwed him over by waiting this long. As Schefter pointed out this morning, most of the teams who were in need of a WR have already used their cap dollars on the receivers that were available at the moment.

If he signs with somewhere now, it'll probably be for much less than he would have commanded a month ago when there were more suitors and more money available.
Maybe they thought that would create leverage to get a price reduction? And Dez refused? Not sure since they never really talked about a pay cut.

Cotton

Staff member
What an asshole.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Did they bother to ask him to play for less money or did they outright release him?
My guess is they probably did have a number that they offered but Dez still fancies himself as one of the top WRs in the league so pride and ego prevented from him agreeing to a much smaller salary. Again, just my guess.

Cotton

Staff member

The Cowboys have released Dez Bryant after the receiver's meeting with Jerry Jones, according to a source. A source said Bryant was not offered a pay cut, while another source added that Bryant will not be designated a post-June 1 cut. The Cowboys will save $8 million against the cap this season with the move.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
6m ago

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ohs noes! He's going to run sloppy routes and drop passes against us twice a year! :skurred

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If he was contacted by another NFCE team while he was still under contract, isn't that a no-no?

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

The Cowboys have released Dez Bryant after the receiver's meeting with Jerry Jones, according to a source. A source said Bryant was not offered a pay cut, while another source added that Bryant will not be designated a post-June 1 cut. The Cowboys will save $8 million against the cap this season with the move.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
6m ago
So they didn't want him back at any price. Ouch.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Silver lining, at least the team is not holding onto players way after they should have been released. They have made that clear in this and in the Ware release.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
If that's the case, that pisses me off even more. Jerry is always doing shit like this. COWBOYS FIRST, FUCKER!

Oh, me too. Just trying to figure out the reason.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So this move pushes WR to an even higher priority. Seems like a certainty now that they're going WR in rounds 1 or 2. Round 3 at the very latest.

Top Bottom