Dez Bryant released

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And after Baker Mayfield shows out and the Browns featured Rashard Higgins with several back shoulder fades...

:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think both Dez and Romo were hurt and didn’t fully believe they could play at 100%.

Explains why Romo basically gave up on competing with Dak and why Dez took a pass on any contract until now for his “visits”. Both were injury prone and Dez in particular played a physical kind of game it took a while to recover from. I wonder that either believed they might not pass a physical.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Apparently Josh Gordon is back. Now I see why Dez didnt get what he wanted from Cleveland.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Report: Browns put Dez Bryant on back burner, won’t sign him any time soon
Michael David Smith

The wait for Dez Bryant to find his next NFL team continues.

Bryant visited the Browns this week but left without a contract, and Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports that Bryant is no longer on the front burner, did not come close to reaching an agreement, and is not expected to sign with the Browns any time soon.

For his part, Bryant reportedly wants to play for a contender, which would seem to mean the Browns aren’t the team for him.

Of course, it remains to be seen if any contender even wants Bryant. The market for him just hasn’t materialized, and the longer he remains unsigned, the less valuable he’ll be because he’ll have less time to learn a new offense and develop a rapport with a new quarterback.

Perhaps some team that suffers a wide receiver injury will decide to give Bryant a call, but for now it seems unlikely that Bryant is going to sign anywhere soon — which also makes it unlikely that Bryant is going to have a productive season, wherever he ends up.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The Pats are a mess at WR... they revitalized Moss.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I thought he was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt at first. The color and font fooled me. That would have been funny. Weird he dresses in athletic gear rather than a suit but I guess it doesn't really matter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think this guy actually cares about playing again, he only wants it on his terms, and I'm guessing those terms are very specific.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think this guy actually cares about playing again, he only wants it on his terms, and I'm guessing those terms are very specific.
I think he wants to be wined and dined and recruited. When in reality any team picking him up at this point isn't really viewing him as a priority. I think there is a large difference of opinions between what Dez thinks of himself and what NFL teams think of him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant on Instagram: “I got a contract offer from the Browns in my phone right now”

Dez Bryant on Instagram: “I got a contract offer from the Browns in my phone right now”

Dez Bryant became the Dallas Cowboys all-time leader in receiving touchdowns on November 30th, 2017. The Dallas Cowboys released him on April 13th, 2018.

Since then there has been a lot going on with Dez despite nothing really going on in terms of where he’s playing football. We know that he turned down an offer from the Baltimore Ravens, and we know that he visited the Cleveland Browns last week (as seen on HBO’s Hard Knocks).

We are almost through Week 3 of the preseason and Dez isn’t on a team. Many thought it would indeed be the Browns, but he left his visit there without a contract agreement. It’s been a whole lot of waiting ever since, and NFL Network’s Mike Silver provided the world with an update on Thursday evening.

Earlier on @nflnetwork I reported that the @Browns still have interest in @DezBryant and that talks are ongoing. The Browns believe he has not fallen off as a player and want to add as many weapons as possible. The return of Josh Gordon has no impact on their interest in Dez.

— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) August 23, 2018​

Dez Bryant also provided the world with an update on Thursday evening. He has hardly been shy when it comes to social media this offseason letting his thoughts be known so much so that he even referred to Sean Lee as a snake. It’s been interesting to say the least.

Dez is now updating the world on where he stands with the Cleveland Browns, literally. While he left his meeting with them without a contract in place he apparently has one on the table. He wrote on his Instagram on Thursday evening that he literally has a contract offer from them in his phone.

Warning: This post contains NSFW language
IMG_8094.jpg

At the time of this post the Browns are in the middle of their “dress rehearsal” preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles. It was during their first preseason game that Dez announced he would be visiting the team before he ultimately did. Perhaps it’s now his personal tradition to announce his Browns-related news during their games.

Maybe Dez Bryant will sign with the Cleveland Browns soon, maybe he won’t. Whatever Dez Bryant does do there are good odds that we’re going to know about it from his social media.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That guy really has maturation issues.

It's understandable given his terrible upbringing, but he's old enough now to at least be aware of his own shortcomings as a person and making the attempt to seek help with them.

This poor guy is probably going to be broke and in jail in 5 years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You’re right. I can’t help but think we hear some sad story some day about something gone wrong, and he ends up in jail or dead.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My goodness.

I know he's an idiot, but he's also a professional athlete and he's been one for 8 years now.

My point is, someone like him has plenty of resources at his disposal and he can hire people that know what they are doing who can advise him in situations like these and basically save him from himself.

So the fact that he continues to make grave mistakes tells me that he doesn't have any real professional people in his camp and he has surrounded himself with yes-men and hanger-ons.

Either way, he's done.

D

Deuce

He doesn’t want to play in Cleveland. The only reason he took the meeting was to get on Hard Knocks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He doesn’t want to play in Cleveland. The only reason he took the meeting was to get on Hard Knocks.
He is a complete ass clown. I don't know why anyone gives a shit, unless they own an authentic Jersey of his they paid good money for.

Top Bottom