Dez Bryant released

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So if you'd rather have a sports car instead of a truck is that a slight to all trucks? I don't think so. It's a preference.
If I had been driving a truck for the last 10 years and recently bought a car and made that statement, it absolutely would read as a slight to trucks.

Cotton

Staff member
And continue to think our coaches need to walk on egg shells for fear it will offend a sensitive former player. :skurred
I don't think anyone on this board or that coaching staff gives one shit about whether a statement offends poor Dez.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Absolutely not. He shouldve taken the Raven contract. But no, he cant see he now has NO bargaining power whatsoever. Now he awaits an injury opening. Smart, not.

Cotton

Staff member
Well Sanjay hasn't ever had Dez...
But, the team has and he was referring to a WR corps (more specifically Dez) that's been around for a while.

Cotton

Staff member
Apparently, the Browns have sent Dez an offer and rumor has it he isn't interested.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean, Dez has about 2 weeks until he's going to be at the point where teams aren't going to want to bring him on because it's too late to develop chemistry/teach the offense. Any hope he had at having an elite year is already down the drain given that he would have to build rapport with a new QB but at this point he may not have any opportunities.

It seems that he wants X amount of dollars and if teams aren't willing to pay it he's willing to just sit.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Who does Dez listen to? Certainly he’s got someone advising him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The dude is spiraling. He really needs someone around him that can give him good advice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The dude is spiraling. He really needs someone around him that can give him good advice.
He can get all the advice, doesn't mean he will listen. I have always thought he was a very unintelligent person and nothing he has ever done has changed that viewpoint.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wonder how many of those around him have given him honest feedback.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean I get not wanting to play for the Browns but teams aren't exactly knocking down his door. He needs to be humble and take an opportunity. Instead he comes off as a dick.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My guess is that he's waiting for a WR on a good team to get hurt in camp or pre-season.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yes, awaiting desperation.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well who knows how much better Dez would've been with the incomparably magical Sanjay Lal? Apparently Dooley did nothing but roll the football cart out on the field.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Horrible decision making on Dez's part. Mayfield would have resurrected his career. Oh well, his loss.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't get why he wouldn't just go workout and then not "agree" to a contract. It at least shows you're primed and ready to play football. I'm starting to wonder if Dez doesn't really want to play all that badly.

Top Bottom