Dez Bryant released

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't say it's a big stretch. That was obviously Dez's biggest threat. Him leaving means that's not going to be an option anymore, at least not with the guys we currently have.
“I would rather have down-the-field guys that go run down a ball and score than live in the back-shoulder world. We want touchdowns. We have some of those.”

All he is saying is that he'd rather throw down field then to throw back shoulder passes all day. That's not negative about Dez. The only thing you could claim is he implicated that Dez isn't a downfield receiver. But again, I think that's a stretch.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But he's basically saying that Dez was a one trick pony with the back shoulder thing. That Dez had nothing else. That could be construed as a dig.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
But he's basically saying that Dez was a one trick pony with the back shoulder thing. That Dez had nothing else. That could be construed as a dig.
Exactly. I'm sure Dez feels its a slight towards him and I'm sure there will be some twittering.

Rev

Staff member
Can't say he is wrong though
He isn't wrong at all but it don't matter what we think. Dez will take it as a slight I'm sure. Best thing the cowboys can do is just to not bring it up. It does nothing but make them look bad regardless if they are right.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He isn't wrong at all but it don't matter what we think. Dez will take it as a slight I'm sure. Best thing the cowboys can do is just to not bring it up. It does nothing but make them look bad regardless if they are right.
I agree. Just quit trying to justify the release of Bryant. It doesn’t matter any more. The decision was made ( and I agree with it) so move on and let the focus be on getting ready for the season. No one is owed an explanation. It’s a decision of management and right or wrong it’s done. Play ball.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So not even mentioning Dez's name is a no no? I think that's ridiculous. I'd get it if he mentioned Dez at all.

Rev

Staff member
So not even mentioning Dez's name is a no no? I think that's ridiculous. I'd get it if he mentioned Dez at all.
You dont have to mention him at all. Just move on and be confident in your decision. If it was someone that was mature enough to handle criticism then sure but its evident that Dez isn't. Just be done with and happy for the time he was here.

He didn't have to mention Dez at all but everybody knows he was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You dont have to mention him at all. Just move on and be confident in your decision. If it was someone that was mature enough to handle criticism then sure but its evident that Dez isn't. Just be done with and happy for the time he was here.

He didn't have to mention Dez at all but everybody knows he was.
I disagree. The dude was making a comment about our current receivers. You can't take everything positive about the current group as some sort of backhanded slight at Dez.

Rev

Staff member
I disagree. The dude was making a comment about our current receivers. You can't take everything positive about the current group as some sort of backhanded slight at Dez.
Believe what you want but when people have discussed Dez (and not only on this board) the back shoulder stuff is always brought up. His comment was that he didnt want to have to rely on the back shoulder fade. I dont need a degree to know that Dez is who he is talking about.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Believe what you want but when people have discussed Dez (and not only on this board) the back shoulder stuff is always brought up. His comment was that he didnt want to have to rely on the back shoulder fade. I dont need a degree to know that Dez is who he is talking about.
And again, what's wrong with saying he doesn't want to rely on back shoulder fades? It's not a knock to say that Dez is good at back shoulder stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
CRock, come on, man. It is quite obvious he was inferring because Dez isn't here we won't have to rely on the back shoulder as much anymore.

Rev

Staff member
And again, what's wrong with saying he doesn't want to rely on back shoulder fades? It's not a knock to say that Dez is good at back shoulder stuff.
. “I would rather have down-the-field guys that go run down a ball and score than live in the back-shoulder world.

"Rather have" and than are the words to provide the dig. I would rather have down-the-field guys insinuates that they did not have that while Dez was here. Than live in the back shoulder world insinuates that thats all we could do with Dez. If he would have left off the back shoulder world then it wouldnt be a deal but like I said everybody knows that was aimed at Dez. If that was aimed at Dez then the first part must be as well. All he had to say was something along the lines of these WRs can get down the field ...etc.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
CRock, come on, man. It is quite obvious he was inferring because Dez isn't here we won't have to rely on the back shoulder as much anymore.
So is the term back shoulder banned now because it offends Dez? Like I said this is ridiculous. The media is just trying to stock the flames. And you fools are just feeding into it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
. “I would rather have down-the-field guys that go run down a ball and score than live in the back-shoulder world.

"Rather have" and than are the words to provide the dig. I would rather have down-the-field guys insinuates that they did not have that while Dez was here. Than live in the back shoulder world insinuates that thats all we could do with Dez. If he would have left off the back shoulder world then it wouldnt be a deal but like I said everybody knows that was aimed at Dez. If that was aimed at Dez then the first part must be as well. All he had to say was something along the lines of these WRs can get down the field ...etc.
It's him stating a preference between throwing down field or throwing back-shoulder fades. That's not a knock on Dez. That's a statement of preference. It's not like he is saying "I prefer throwing down field over dropped balls and shitty routes." Back-shoulder fades are a legitimate way of completing passes. It's not a negative thing.

Rev

Staff member
It's him stating a preference between throwing down field or throwing back-shoulder fades. That's not a knock on Dez. That's a statement of preference. It's not like he is saying "I prefer throwing down field over dropped balls and shitty routes." Back-shoulder fades are a legitimate way of completing passes. It's not a negative thing.

:picard

Ok. Believe what you want.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So is the term back shoulder banned now because it offends Dez? Like I said this is ridiculous. The media is just trying to stock the flames. And you fools are just feeding into it.
It's not the phrase "back shoulder" that is the key to his statement. It is the "rather have" and "than" that are the key to his phrase. It was obviously a shot at Dez. And, I for one, am glad to hear him say it. Hopefully, it opens up our passing game and makes it less predictable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not the phrase "back shoulder" that is the key to his statement. It is the "rather have" and "than" that are the key to his phrase. It was obviously a shot at Dez. And, I for one, am glad to hear him say it. Hopefully, it opens up our passing game and makes it less predictable.
So if you'd rather have a sports car instead of a truck is that a slight to all trucks? I don't think so. It's a preference.

Top Bottom