Dez Bryant released

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I guarantee Bryant plays for someone this year. He's a major red zone threat. Part of me would take him back at the right price. However, that's a pretty terrible idea given what a cancer he is. It's just he's still capable of the amazing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guarantee Bryant plays for someone this year. He's a major red zone threat. Part of me would take him back at the right price. However, that's a pretty terrible idea given what a cancer he is. It's just he's still capable of the amazing.
That is his strength. He seems to be better when he is stretching.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
He made himself look like an even bigger idiot by turning down the Ravens offer because he wants to play in the NFC East, or whatever.
Anyone see episode 7 of "All or Nothing"? Dez gets "baited" by Jourdan Lewis into losing his shit. Then there's a scene (with him and Kyle Valero, Asst WR Coach) that, well... pretty much encapsulates what goes on in his brain. Oh, and if you didn't already suspect it, this ep. confirms that the coaches (specifically Derek Dooley) not only placated him, but condoned and made excuses for his behavior. This was done behind closed doors, but, shamefully, not on-on-one... it happened in the WR's meeting. (the looks on the faces of T-Wil and Beasely were: "whaaaat?" and "oh, no, not this again")

* starts around the 26:40 mark).

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is sad to see when a guy like McClay comes out and basically speaks the truth instead of the normal "blah blah blah great Cowboy blah blah" etc.

But Bryant has handled his own hurt feelings that fit true to his colors. He is a retard.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Oh, I think he'll play for someone this year but he might not be signed before TC and not for the sort of money he's probably looking for. The Joneses are notoriously faithful to vets that are "Real Cowboys" so cutting him probably threw a big red flag up to a lot of teams.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Oh, I think he'll play for someone this year but he might not be signed before TC and not for the sort of money he's probably looking for. The Joneses are notoriously faithful to vets that are "Real Cowboys" so cutting him probably threw a big red flag up to a lot of teams.
I think the Amazon show makes him look like a total PITA

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is sad to see when a guy like McClay comes out and basically speaks the truth instead of the normal "blah blah blah great Cowboy blah blah" etc.

But Bryant has handled his own hurt feelings that fit true to his colors. He is a retard.
I don't think it is sad to see. I think it is awesome to see. Quite refreshing, to be honest.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don't think it is sad to see. I think it is awesome to see. Quite refreshing, to be honest.
From a fan perspective, it's nice. However, it's pretty unprofessional. You don't throw former employees under the bus like that. Even if they act like asshats.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From a fan perspective, it's nice. However, it's pretty unprofessional. You don't throw former employees under the bus like that. Even if they act like asshats.
I don't know about that. If he came out and ripped Dez for being a dick I'd agree with you. But the guys job is literally to grade players and their abilities on the field. I find it refreshing to hear what his breakdown actually was instead of the sunshine pumping bullshit that Dallas usually puts out.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don't know about that. If he came out and ripped Dez for being a dick I'd agree with you. But the guys job is literally to grade players and their abilities on the field. I find it refreshing to hear what his breakdown actually was instead of the sunshine pumping bullshit that Dallas usually puts out.
The guy is trying to get a job. No need to shit on him. You just blame it on bad chemistry with the QB and let the market decide. When you start criticizing his abilities to makes other players sorry about signing with the team. That's why coaches rarely criticize their own players.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Cotton

Staff member
Yep.

Cotton

Staff member
The guy is trying to get a job. No need to shit on him. You just blame it on bad chemistry with the QB and let the market decide. When you start criticizing his abilities to makes other players sorry about signing with the team. That's why coaches rarely criticize their own players.
He was asked why he was released, and answered honestly. Dez is no longer with this team, so fuck him. If he was worthy of a job elsewhere we would get one regardless of how McClay answered that question.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Will McClay Says His Quotes About Dez Bryant's Ability To Win Routes Were Misinterpreted - Josh Clark, 105.3 The Fan
Will McClay is walking back some of his original comments about why Dez Bryant was released.

“It was a collective deal,” McClay said, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “The (inability) to win one-on-one, to win down field. There was inconsistency as well as some huge things in his play. So what’s best moving forward for Dez Bryant the Cowboys, we just made that decision. It’s a production-based business.”

In his interview Wednesday with the GBAG Nation on 105.3 The Fan, McClay says he wasn't misquoted but rather is words were not perceived correctly by the media.

"Father time gets all of us. There was the deal that came out yesterday ... I was not misquoted, I was misinterpreted. Dez did win some one-on-ones and he didn't win some one-on-ones, like many receivers, McClay said. "He did some great things for us, but I just think as you go through it, we're looking for the best decision for the team as we went through that. Dez is gonna go somewhere and he's gonna make a bunch of touchdowns ... He's gonna do something positive for somebody else. We just decided to move on at this point in time."

Not sure that really changes anything...

Cotton

Staff member

Idiot should have taken it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He's not only declining physically, his brain seems to be failing him as well. His value is falling through the floor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Idiot should have taken it.
Yeah he really should have. I think the problem is Dez wanted more like a one year 7 mil deal if that's what he is doing. I think Dez believes he will be elite again once he gets rid of Garrett. I don't think that's going to be the case but I can't blame him for not wanting to lock himself into a multi year deal that he thinks he is going to outplay.

Cotton

Staff member
NSFW: Language

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Broadcasts caught his antics on the sidelines a lot too, there was plenty of fuel to fire the notion.
Except oftentimes they were, and unfortunately it helped to paint an inaccurate narrative.

For example, the first Redskins game last year. Dez is on the sidelines holding up two fingers.

The announcers said something to the effect of, "he's telling everyone around him that he's only had two passes thrown to him."

It was a bad look against Bryant.

Except you heard the audio on All or Nothing. And Bryant was ACTUALLY saying, "they've only played cover 1 against us 2 times."

Not at all what the announcers accused him of saying.

Top Bottom