Dez Bryant released

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My point is he stared him down. He was going to Dez all the way on that play.
He didn't really stare him down. Dak looked right first, hoping to get the safety out of position more than likely. You'll see his head then go from right to left before he throws the ball.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He didn't really stare him down. Dak looked right first, hoping to get the safety out of position more than likely. You'll see his head then go from right to left before he throws the ball.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You're right. Dez was the third read. It was just trying to stop the pile-on ole Iamtdg... :tippytoe

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It doesn't even have to be that play. You all know that Dez causes a distraction when he isn't thrown to. The announcers know and the opposing players know it. Its brought up time after time during the game. Cameras on the sidelines catch it.

Its going to lead to forced throws to appease him. Just happens that the only pass he can catch is not a ball that Dak can throw very well. The offense will be better going forward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn't even have to be that play. You all know that Dez causes a distraction when he isn't thrown to. The announcers know and the opposing players know it. Its brought up time after time during the game. Cameras on the sidelines catch it.

Its going to lead to forced throws to appease him. Just happens that the only pass he can catch is not a ball that Dak can throw very well. The offense will be better going forward.
It's because everyone has this imbecile idea that even when Dez isn't open he is open. It's just not true. Dez needs some seperation just like everyone else. And if you force the ball into a covered Dez bad things will happen.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You can see Dak turning his head. Are you trying to tell us you can read his eyes through the back of his head AND read his mind? You’ve got mad skills, yo.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You can see Dak turning his head. Are you trying to tell us you can read his eyes through the back of his head AND read his mind? You’ve got mad skills, yo.
After watching it again, it does look like he turns his head. But, the point remains. I just picked a bad gif to illustrate it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

And when Dak would throw it well on occasion it was 50/50 whether Dez would catch it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Will McClay says tape on Dez Bryant showed an inability to consistently win outside

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

May 01, 2018 12:29 PM

FRISCO--Dallas Cowboys scouting chief Will McClay chimed in on the release of Dez Bryant publicly for the first time Tuesday on ESPN 103.3 FM.

McClay pointed to what the Cowboys saw on tape from Bryant during the 2017 season as reasons for his departure.

“It was a collective deal,” McClay said. “The (inability) to win one-on-one, to win down field. There was inconsistency as well as some huge things in his play. So what’s best moving forward for Dez Bryant the Cowboys, we just made that decision. It’s a production-based business.”

McClay said the decision was tough because of the love he and the Cowboys have for Bryant. He called him one of the all-time greats, a fan favorite and a future Hall of Famer. But he said the Cowboys had to do what was best for the franchise.

“You have to make a decision to make sure you succeed and hold that trophy up,” McClay said.

Bryant remains unsigned after being released by the Cowboys April 13. He has already turned a multi-year offer from the Baltimore Ravens and is looking for the right situation on a one-year prove it deal so he can be a free-agent again next season.

He has not had a 1,000 yards receiving since 2014 and blames his decline in production on injuries, a lack of focus and a predictable offense. He had 69 catches for 838 yards, six touchdowns in 2017.

The Cowboys are using a committee approach to replace Bryant. The team signed Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson in free agency. They added Michael Gallup and Cedrick Wilson in the draft. They traded Ryan Switzer to the Oakland Raiders and acquired Tavon Austin in a trade from the Los Angeles Rams.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Funny, that apparently wasn't a problem until 2015. Did Dez's personality suddenly change?

Cotton

Staff member
Funny, that apparently wasn't a problem until 2015. Did Dez's personality suddenly change?
What changed was he started dropping balls and half-assing routes. Even McClay is as much as admitting it in this tweet...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well like I said its not a ball that Dak throws very well. Romo could but he is not here. Might be time to accept that for what it is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was still a bad read. Dez wasn’t open.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well like I said its not a ball that Dak throws very well. Romo could but he is not here. Might be time to accept that for what it is.
Agree. The choreographed first season for Dak created unreasonable fan expectations.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was still a bad read. Dez wasn’t open.
I agree, Dak shouldn't have thrown that ball. I'm not really sure where he should have thrown it though. Watching that video all the guys on screen were covered. His best bet would have probably been to run the ball. Otherwise it's either throw the ball away or give Dez a chance. Dak gave Dez a chance but that's a dangerous throw I'd rather us avoid.

Truth be told though that's a mistake a lot of QBs make. You can see where Dez cleared the underneath coverage and if the safety doesn't make a great play breaking on the ball that's an easy completion. It's a play that sort of looks open until it's too late. Just depends on that safeties instincts.

Cotton

Staff member
Report: Most teams wouldn’t even sign Dez Bryant at the league minimum
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2018, 2:08 PM EDT

Dez Bryant‘s reputation in the NFL appears to be preceding him.

Bryant has indicated that he cares more about playing for the right team than making the right money, even suggesting that he cares more about staying in the NFC East so he can play the Cowboys twice than anything else. But there may not be many teams willing to sign Bryant for any amount of money.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that there are “far more” teams unwilling to pay Bryant the league minimum salary than there are teams that would consider signing Bryant for any contract.

That makes it all the more surprising that Bryant turned down an offer from the Ravens, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of the three-year, $21 million contract Baltimore previously gave to receiver Michael Crabtree. If most teams aren’t even willing to pay Bryant $1 million, why turn down an offer of $7 million?

If Bryant is truly willing to play for anything to stay in the NFC East, and Washington, Philadelphia and the New York Giants are all unwilling to offer him even the league minimum, that says a lot about what teams think the 29-year-old Bryant has left at this point in his career.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He made himself look like an even bigger idiot by turning down the Ravens offer because he wants to play in the NFC East, or whatever.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Report: Most teams wouldn’t even sign Dez Bryant at the league minimum
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2018, 2:08 PM EDT

Dez Bryant‘s reputation in the NFL appears to be preceding him.

Bryant has indicated that he cares more about playing for the right team than making the right money, even suggesting that he cares more about staying in the NFC East so he can play the Cowboys twice than anything else. But there may not be many teams willing to sign Bryant for any amount of money.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that there are “far more” teams unwilling to pay Bryant the league minimum salary than there are teams that would consider signing Bryant for any contract.

That makes it all the more surprising that Bryant turned down an offer from the Ravens, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of the three-year, $21 million contract Baltimore previously gave to receiver Michael Crabtree. If most teams aren’t even willing to pay Bryant $1 million, why turn down an offer of $7 million?

If Bryant is truly willing to play for anything to stay in the NFC East, and Washington, Philadelphia and the New York Giants are all unwilling to offer him even the league minimum, that says a lot about what teams think the 29-year-old Bryant has left at this point in his career.

Wow.

Top Bottom