Dez Bryant released

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that's what I saw, which prompted me to make that last post.

When Buffalo is like, "Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Don't call us. We'll call you," then it might be time to be worried for your career. This has all the hallmarks of the post-Dallas Terrell Owens career end.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If Dez is still so good, like a couple here think, then why isn't the rest of the NFL beating down his door?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's not good enough to justify the headaches that he still comes with.

He's clearly still immature as shit with how he handled the release and then turning down the Ravens, seemingly in the hopes of joining an NFC East team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that's what I saw, which prompted me to make that last post.

When Buffalo is like, "Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Don't call us. We'll call you," then it might be time to be worried for your career. This has all the hallmarks of the post-Dallas Terrell Owens career end.
At least Owens had strong seasons for multiple teams.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Man, it does not seem like Bryant is getting any looks.
He’s probably way overestimating his value.

The list of teams who want a one year “prove it” WR that’s a progress-stopper for developmental players is small. You’re talking about teams who are one #2 WR away from a deep playoff run.

When you add Dez’s emotional upkeep tax the list shrinks. He’s a better talent than most of what you’ll find out there, but it still takes the right fit, rose, and salary.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not good enough to justify the headaches that he still comes with.

He's clearly still immature as shit with how he handled the release and then turning down the Ravens, seemingly in the hopes of joining an NFC East team.
I think teams watched the film on him last year and realized that there isn't that much left in the tank.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think teams watched the film on him last year and realized that there isn't that much left in the tank.
Yeah, he already has some bad traits before last season but that really showed up in full view.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Let's not overlook a key reason he hasnt been signed: he overestimates his abilities and relative value. That's mainly why he isn't a Raven at this point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Let's not overlook a key reason he hasnt been signed: he overestimates his abilities and relative value. That's mainly why he isn't a Raven at this point.
He's too dumb to understand the term "relative value." Probably thinks that's how much his relatives are worth.

Cotton

Staff member

Perfect example of Dak trying to force the ball to Dez. This offense will be better this year. Bookmark this post.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Perfect example of Dak trying to force the ball to Dez. This offense will be better this year. Bookmark this post.
That really doesn't prove your point. The safety read the dig and drove on the ball. The defense simply knew what was coming. Look at the LB run Witten's route with him without even looking at him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Hard to say if that was forced to Dez or not. (Was there was a better place to throw?). Yeah he was covered but so was Witten. We can’t see any other eligible receivers. Looks like he should have ran to the right there. Witten’s defender was moving to his left so he should have been able to beat him. But again, we can’t see the other defenders on the right flat.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Hard to say if that was forced to Dez or not. (Was there was a better place to throw?). Yeah he was covered but so was Witten. We can’t see any other eligible receivers. Looks like he should have ran to the right there. Witten’s defender was moving to his left so he should have been able to beat him. But again, we can’t see the other defenders on the right flat.

Cotton

Staff member
My point is he stared him down. He was going to Dez all the way on that play.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
My point is he stared him down. He was going to Dez all the way on that play.
Well you can't blame Dez for that. That's on QB1.

Again, I don't really disagree with you. Dez wasn't getting it done and was a cancer. I just think when you take a single play, there are better ones.

Cotton

Staff member
Well you can't blame Dez for that. That's on QB1.

Again, I don't really disagree with you. Dez wasn't getting it done and was a cancer. I just think when you take a single play, there are better ones.
Yeah, but staring down a WR is a QB flaw, not a WR flaw.
If said WR is barking for the ball on the sidelines, it very well could lead to the QB staring him down trying to force him the ball.

Top Bottom