Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dez Bryant released

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
    is Aikman referring to Kelvin Martin or Jay Novacek as #3?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pdom View Post
      is Aikman referring to Kelvin Martin or Jay Novacek as #3?
      He was close to Novacek so I would assume it was him.
      #Fire Garrett

      Comment


      • Originally posted by vince View Post
        My hate for Garrett is at an all time high.
        You all wanted Bryant gone.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lostxn View Post
          The decision was the right decision. Teams are not beating the door to get to Dez. That should tell yous something. He'll get signed, no question, but other teams saw what we saw.

          As much as I love to blame Garrett for his shitty, vanilla offense, it's hard to scheme around a guy who 8 years into his career is still freelancing his routes.
          I'm far from a Dez apologist, but maybe he's freelancing his routes because the plays just suck?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
            You all wanted Bryant gone.
            I wanted a restructure of his contract. I didn't want him gone.

            Comment


            • Rumor has it there were trade offers on the table. I'm digging around now to see if I can find any proof of that.
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

              Comment


              • 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • This from Archer:

                  I wonder why some people believe the Cowboys did Bryant wrong by waiting until April 13 to release him. The Cowboys had designs on making the move on the first day of free agency when they thought they were going to sign Sammy Watkins (who instead went to the Kansas City Chiefs). Had they cut Bryant before that, they would have been ridiculed for doing so without a replacement on hand. They could have cut him after signing Allen Hurns on March 23 but didn't. There were trade discussions regarding Bryant after the Cowboys signed Hurns, but nobody would take on the contract, even for a late-round pick. When it became obvious a trade wouldn't happen, the Cowboys chose to let Bryant go before the offseason program begins Monday.


                  http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...ast-and-future
                  2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                    Rumor has it there were trade offers on the table. I'm digging around now to see if I can find any proof of that.
                    I know I have read that the Cowboys at least explored trade possibilities with regards to Dez. I'm not sure why we would have turned anything down if someone actually offered anything.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                      You all wanted Bryant gone.
                      Yeah this doesn't make me hate Garrett any more certainly.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                        Yeah this doesn't make me hate Garrett any more certainly.
                        Agreed. Amount of hate stable at 9/10.
                        I was on the draft LVE train. 'nuff said

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                          You all wanted Bryant gone.
                          Im not sure All of us wanted Bryant gone. I still want Garrett gone, though.
                          #Fire Garrett

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                            The decision was the right decision. Teams are not beating the door to get to Dez. That should tell yous something. He'll get signed, no question, but other teams saw what we saw.

                            As much as I love to blame Garrett for his shitty, vanilla offense, it's hard to scheme around a guy who 8 years into his career is still freelancing his routes.
                            No one was going to trade for that contract for sure.

                            Someone is going to get a very good and very passionate player. Interesting targets off the top of my head are Atlanta, both LA teams, 49ers, and New Orleans.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                              No one was going to trade for that contract for sure.

                              Someone is going to get a very good and very passionate player. Interesting targets off the top of my head are Atlanta, both LA teams, 49ers, and New Orleans.
                              Yeah I'm guessing he gets more of a one year 7 mil type deal but we will see. It doesn't seem like anyone is knocking down his door right now. Sort of tells me that maybe Dez has a higher opinion of himself than NFL teams do.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                                No one was going to trade for that contract for sure.

                                Someone is going to get a very good and very passionate player. Interesting targets off the top of my head are Atlanta, both LA teams, 49ers, and New Orleans.
                                Someone is going to get a TO without the TO talent.
                                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X