Dez Bryant released

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bryant was never a good route runner. His strength was fighting for and coming away with the ball. That is what he did in college and the pros. His best running catches came over the middle. He was a physical receiver with strong hands in those circumstances. That is the whole Dez.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bryant was never a good route runner. His strength was fighting for and coming away with the ball. That is what he did in college and the pros. His best running catches came over the middle. He was a physical receiver with strong hands in those circumstances. That is the whole Dez.
Dez use to be an explosive runner. Not so much any more but I remember when we use to use him on punts. The guy was an absolute beast back there running in the open field.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Dez use to be an explosive runner. Not so much any more but I remember when we use to use him on punts. The guy was an absolute beast back there running in the open field.
He was never easy to bring down once he got a head of steam going, especially his rookie year. He didn't fumble that much either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He wasn’t really fast. He could make some quick moves but pure speed? No. He would usually get run down from behind. That is one of the reasons he had difficulty getting separation.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Doesn't someone here have a subscription to the Athletic and could post this article up? Was it you [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

data

Forbes #1

Doesn't someone here have a subscription to the Athletic and could post this article up? Was it you @Iamtdg
It’s posted in the DCC Donator’s Thread.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He wasn’t really fast. He could make some quick moves but pure speed? No. He would usually get run down from behind. That is one of the reasons he had difficulty getting separation.
Yeah, he had some shake and bake, but couldn't leave people behind.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Doesn't someone here have a subscription to the Athletic and could post this article up? Was it you [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]
I do have a subscription, but I can only post the text in that article. For whatever reason, sometimes they embed a video/gif that I can't get to embed here. This is one of those cases.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant turned down multiyear offer from Ravens

By Chris Wesseling

The Ravens wanted Dez Bryant but settled for Willie Snead.

Baltimore has indeed shown the most interest in signing Bryant, but the two sides couldn't agree on contract length, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, via a source informed of the situation.

The Ravens needed a multiyear deal to fit Bryant's number under the salary cap, per Rapoport. The former Cowboys star, conversely, is seeking a one-year contract that will enable him to test the market again in 2019.

In other words, Bryant is banking on a bounce-back year to rehabilitate his league-wide value.

That's a high-risk approach for a player attempting to reverse the decline phase of his career. The Ravens' offer was "pretty lucrative," Rapoport added on NFL Up to the Minute, in the neighborhood of the three-year, $21 million deal signed by Michael Crabtree.

Once it became evident that common ground wouldn't be reached, the Ravens switched gears, coaxing Snead away from the Saints with a two-year contract worth up to $10.4 million.

Bryant, meanwhile, has been left to twist in the wind, hoping the Giants have a change of heart in the coming weeks. At this point, Rapoport reported earlier Wednesday, the Cowboys' career leader in receiving touchdowns is expected to wait until after the draft before finding a new NFL home.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do have a subscription, but I can only post the text in that article. For whatever reason, sometimes they embed a video/gif that I can't get to embed here. This is one of those cases.
Then post the text!!!!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My guess is he doesn't want to get locked into a 6 mil a year deal long term because he believes he can have a breakout year and cash in big.
Probably not a bad move. Alshon Jeffrey did the same thing and it seemed to work out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably not a bad move. Alshon Jeffrey did the same thing and it seemed to work out.
Yeah I can't blame the guy for betting on himself. Might as well hand pick the perfect situation to go in to and make sure that you can have as good of year as possible.

Top Bottom