Dez Bryant released

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted this at one point. The catchable targets have been bad for Dak/Dez. Dak just isn’t the kind of QB for Dez and vice versa
"Catchable" is very subjective. But It's not surprising that his catchable targets would go down. Any time you're forcing the ball to a covered receiver multiple times a game the ball is going to be uncatchable. Dez doesn't get open like he used to.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I posted this at one point. The catchable targets have been bad for Dak/Dez. Dak just isn’t the kind of QB for Dez and vice versa
I agree. The two just don't mesh.

However, I don't completely agree with Gengh's point because when you look at the catch numbers/percentages for receivers not named Dez Bryant, the numbers are very similar to what they were averaging pre-2017.

Dak has to improve as a QB but I think the greater issue is that he and Dez just aren't a good match.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

However, I don't completely agree with Gengh's point because when you look at the catch numbers/percentages for receivers not named Dez Bryant, the numbers are very similar to what they were averaging pre-2017.

Dak has to improve as a QB but I think the greater issue is that he and Dez just aren't a good match.
Those catchable numbers include 2015, 2016 and 2017 before Dak was here...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Are you saying that it doesn't have to be a Dak or Dez issue but can be both? Get outta here!!!!!

I agree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you saying that it doesn't have to be a Dak or Dez issue but can be both? Get outta here!!!!!

I agree.
Yeah not every QB works with every WR well. I think Dak works much better with precision route runners who are consistently in the spot they are supposed to be in and the precise time they are supposed to be there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

I'll admit I really liked him coming out of Texas. But I think there had to have been something wrong with him upstairs. I mean he was much better earlier in his career before he came to Dallas. But he was a pure turd once he got here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I agree.
Yep, and if you have to decide who in the unsolvable equation gets eliminated, it's the WR.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, you know 2015 was before Dak though right? Or are you just trying to be an ass?
I'm an ass because you mentioned '16 and '17 while saying "before Dak was here", and I question it?

My bad. I guess you did include '15.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm an ass because you mentioned '16 and '17 while saying "before Dak was here", and I question it?

My bad. I guess you did include '15.
Yeah I was on my phone typing it out, I was just trying to point out that those stats weren't just from 2017 like Bigfan mentioned. They weren't exclusive to just Dak. It was more a Romo era vs. post Romo era statistic.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

:lol
:lol ... I wonder how many people get that reference?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The very definition of "Thug Mentality".
I mean, I get it but the dude is damaged goods. He has some emotional and mental baggage that most will never understand. Having said that, he is still 100% responsible for his behavior.

vince

Not So New Member
My local radio guy has been posting up clips of All or Nothing on FB. Dez was getting punked by Jourdan Lewis. It's very revealing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My local radio guy has been posting up clips of All or Nothing on FB. Dez was getting punked by Jourdan Lewis. It's very revealing.
Glad we still have one of those two.

Top Bottom