X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lostxn View Post
    I think it's more about the fact that he wins NFL man of the year every year more-so than that he's white. Being a good employee makes a big difference but Witten's time is coming soon.
    Think Belichik gives a shit whether a player wins NFL man of the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post
      Is it a legitimate question? Maybe not.

But expressed in terms of pure dollars and cents, Witten's as much of a waste of resources as Dez.

How many other tight ends are there in the league his age making his money with his production?

Dez was a pain in the ass, disruptive, etc., etc. No question.

But Witten has been a progress stopper for the last three or four years. And he could be a progress stopper again this year.

Again, in pure dollars and cents, having got rid of Dez how does anybody justify keeping Witten?
      I agree with all of this, but race has nothing to do with it, IMO.
      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Think Belichik gives a shit whether a player wins NFL man of the year?
        Well actually it's pretty good PR for the team. So it matters a bit. Also, he's a future HOFer. Dez isn't.

The point is if you're gonna be overpaid, don't be a dick.
        I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
        'nuff said

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post
          I was wondering when somebody would finally go there.
          Had to be a new guy.

Comment

Well actually it's pretty good PR for the team. So it matters a bit. Also, he's a future HOFer. Dez isn't.

The point is if you're gonna be overpaid, don't be a dick.

Jerry's really good at generating good PR for the team, but he sucks at winning.

Look at all the stuff, the bad PR, that's swirled around the Pats, but all they do is win.

Comment

Jerry's really good at generating good PR for the team, but he sucks at winning.

Look at all the stuff, the bad PR, that's swirled around the Pats, but all they do is win.
              Yeah, I think it has more to do with the best ever QB and best ever coach, but sure.
              'nuff said

Comment

Yeah, I think it has more to do with the best ever QB and best ever coach, but sure.

Maybe he's the best ever coach (and GM) because he might have dumped Dez a year ago and Witten two years ago. Emotion doesn't enter into it.

Is that possible?

Comment

Maybe he's the best ever coach (and GM) because he might have dumped Dez a year ago and Witten two years ago. Emotion doesn't enter into it.

Is that possible?
                  Yeah that's definitely part of it. No doubt. Also, his gameplans are amazing. Totally different approach to personnel. He hires the smartest players who can run his crazy schemes. Athleticism is secondary. You can get smart players later in the draft where they are always drafting.
                  'nuff said

Comment

• Originally posted by vince View Post
                    Had to be a new guy.
                    So new guys aren't entitled to raise uncomfortable questions?

Comment

So new guys aren't entitled to raise uncomfortable questions?
                      Since you are a self proclaimed weird new guy it might be okay.
                      Since Day One

Comment

• I don't see Witten as a progress stopper at all. He still is productive in the passing game and his blocking is still very good. Not only that, but it is clear he is a leader...so much so that when Dez would melt down he would get after him on the sideline. His production is still fine, 7th in receptions for TEs last year, with a predominantly run first team. He will be the 9th highest paid TE, getting less than such greats as Trey Burton and Charles Clay.

Witten is the least of our worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                          My question is if they were placating Red Pube...who the fuck bends over backwards for a lame duck head coach. Extension imminent.
                          Two freelancers in Romo and Dez gone. Itís all on pube.

Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Or, could it be he's a white guy
                              Yep Dallas is really really rasiss. Sign four black guys, cut one = rasiss.

Please.

Comment

• #Fire Garrett

Comment

Working...
                                X