Cowboys DE Randy Gregory reportedly on track for an attempted reinstatement

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Years off his career and 6 weeks in some bullshit rehab for the medicine that obviously helps with whatever he is dealing with.

He is obviously a criminal and a hooligan for not bowing down to his masters and Big Pharma and getting the legally prescribed bullshit pills that numb you to the point of not even feeling human, and not to mention forget any fucking sex life.

Fucking retarded.
You forgot to have him kneel and kiss the platinum pinkie rings of his NFL overlords.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He has been reinstated.

Cotton

Staff member
YES!!!

WE'RE WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL!!!

:towel
I actually have pretty high hopes for him now. He has had to overcome a lot. The road he just had to go down to get reinstated was long and I'm sure very tough. If he is that committed, I can't imagine him screwing it up again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually have pretty high hopes for him now. He has had to overcome a lot. The road he just had to go down to get reinstated was long and I'm sure very tough. If he is that committed, I can't imagine him screwing it up again.
Yeah from my understanding he has been working his butt off. I guess we will see in preseason if any of it has paid off. I always worry about what kind of physical shape a guy will come back in after a layoff but I've only heard good reports to that fact about him so far. I know he doesn't have the "stats" but he has shown up as a pass rusher. Not all great plays by a DE show up in the stat line. I've at least seen the ability out of him to get after the QB. If he can hold up better against the run he could be a legit player.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The league announced Tuesday that Gregory was reinstated on a conditional basis after he missed the 2017 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Gregory is allowed to join the Cowboys at training camp and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities, but is not permitted to participate in practices and games until the league can confirm Gregory is complying with the terms of his reinstatement. Theis includes confirming arrangements regarding Gregory's clinical resources in Dallas.

"I've never been more proud of any individual in my life," Gregory's attorney Daniel Moskowitz said in a statement, via NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. "I'm very excited for Randy and his daughter and the rest of the his family."

Gregory entered the league in 2015 out of Nebraska as a second-round pick of the Cowboys, appearing in 14 career games with just one sack to his credit.

His return, however, should be welcomed by a Dallas defense set to open the regular season without David Irving, who will serve a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Cotton

Staff member

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
More of a coverage sack than Gregory beating Peters though...

shane

DCC 4Life
Years off his career and 6 weeks in some bullshit rehab for the medicine that obviously helps with whatever he is dealing with.

He is obviously a criminal and a hooligan for not bowing down to his masters and Big Pharma and getting the legally prescribed bullshit pills that numb you to the point of not even feeling human, and not to mention forget any fucking sex life.

Fucking retarded.
If the NFL players were allowed to blow trees, I guarantee there would be far less domestic abuse cases.

On the other hand, you probably wouldn't have T-Will's drunken bicycling get-away so I suppose there's a trade off.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The league announced Tuesday that Gregory was reinstated on a conditional basis after he missed the 2017 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Gregory is allowed to join the Cowboys at training camp and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities, but is not permitted to participate in practices and games until the league can confirm Gregory is complying with the terms of his reinstatement. Theis includes confirming arrangements regarding Gregory's clinical resources in Dallas.
Oh, FFS. Either reinstate him or don't. Quit trying to play puppet master with his fucking life. He smoked some weed. He didn't fucking murder somebody. ~staring at Ray Lewis~

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, FFS. Either reinstate him or don't. Quit trying to play puppet master with his fucking life. He smoked some weed. He didn't fucking murder somebody. ~staring at Ray Lewis~
From what I understand, what they are stipulating is just that he has gone through the process and followed the protocol. It is basically a done deal. They just have to put the finishing touches on the paperwork.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
From what I understand, what they are stipulating is just that he has gone through the process and followed the protocol. It is basically a done deal. They just have to put the finishing touches on the paperwork.
That's not what it sounds like to me in this part...

Gregory is allowed to join the Cowboys at training camp and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities, but is not permitted to participate in practices and games until the league can confirm Gregory is complying with the terms of his reinstatement.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why would they reinstate him only to make him wait on them to verify compliance? Compliance is a prerequisite to reinstatement, to my knowledge. Stupid league asswipes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why would they reinstate him only to make him wait on them to verify compliance? Compliance is a prerequisite to reinstatement, to my knowledge. Stupid league asswipes.
To test whether he will run to the weed wagon.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To test whether he will run to the weed wagon.
that is standard protocol, though, isnt it? I mean, just ongoing testing for a guy with his dossier. I don't think he should have to wait further to attend practice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
that is standard protocol, though, isnt it? I mean, just ongoing testing for a guy with his dossier. I don't think he should have to wait further to attend practice.
I guess they do.

Cotton

Staff member
That's not what it sounds like to me in this part...

Gregory is allowed to join the Cowboys at training camp and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities, but is not permitted to participate in practices and games until the league can confirm Gregory is complying with the terms of his reinstatement.
Sounds like a check box on a paper after they confirm he has been complying. I can't imagine if they had any serious doubts he hadn't been complying they would have reinstated at all.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I don't know if they Goodell put it out that way just as a shot to the Cowboys or what, but I can't imagine they would reinstate without already knowing he had done everything he was supposed to.

p1_

DCC 4Life
After looking again, I see that it is a conditional reinstatement. I had missed that before.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sounds like a check box on a paper after they confirm he has been complying. I can't imagine if they had any serious doubts he hadn't been complying they would have reinstated at all.
Right. If they had any doubts, why would they have said he was reinstated? I'm pretty sure they know he has been in 100% compliance or they never would have announced this. Now saying that he can't practice or play until they are sure of his compliance smacks of just trying to pull the puppets strings to make him dance.

I'm sure he'll be tested over and over and over. If he fails one, he's no longer complying. But until then, stop with the stupidity.

Top Bottom