Cowboys DE Randy Gregory reportedly on track for an attempted reinstatement

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Pot is not a PED, which is all the NFL should be testing for IMO. Stuff that can cause a competitive disadvantage Like Steroids, HGH, coke or player safety concern like pain killers acquired without a prescription.

The NFL front office should stick to running a football league and leave the rest to law enforcement agencies.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Opposition to pot is more of a generational thing than a political or racial issue. Yes, older people reflexively oppose legalization while younger people either support it outright or don't really care. But the tide is clearly turning toward either legalizing or implicitly tolerating the responsible use of marijuana. Even evil white Republicans like me who don't touch the stuff, never have and likely never will are switching to legalization because it's a waste of government resources fighting an impossible battle against a problem that's no worse than alcohol.

And as far as a cultural meltdown goes people aren't going nuts as more and more states legalize it. As a society we're creeping toward it's acceptance whether we individually approve or not. Like the federal government, the NFL just happens to be behind on the issue and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is addressed in the next CBA or at least within the next five years or so.

Well put.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pot is not a PED, which is all the NFL should be testing for IMO. Stuff that can cause a competitive disadvantage Like Steroids, HGH, coke or player safety concern like pain killers acquired without a prescription.

The NFL front office should stick to running a football league and leave the rest to law enforcement agencies.
Couldn't agree more. Stop hurting the NFL product by punishing players and taking the most talented guys off the field for things that have nothing to do with football.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
What about members of the Denver Broncos? Pot is legal there. If those players have THC in their system, so what? It's perfectly legal.
It is up to each individual business. The nfl as a business has decided to maintain it as illegal. The players know it when they sign up same as any employee/employer relationship.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is up to each individual business. The nfl as a business has decided to maintain it as illegal. The players know it when they sign up same as any employee/employer relationship.
Absolutely correct. It is etched in stone for the time being so all the consternation about what the NFL should be doing is just wasted dialogue. Anyone is free to disagree but it changes nothing nor does it become a valid point by disagreeing.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Opposition to pot is more of a generational thing than a political or racial issue. Yes, older people reflexively oppose legalization while younger people either support it outright or don't really care. But the tide is clearly turning toward either legalizing or implicitly tolerating the responsible use of marijuana. Even evil white Republicans like me who don't touch the stuff, never have and likely never will are switching to legalization because it's a waste of government resources fighting an impossible battle against a problem that's no worse than alcohol.

And as far as a cultural meltdown goes people aren't going nuts as more and more states legalize it. As a society we're creeping toward it's acceptance whether we individually approve or not. Like the federal government, the NFL just happens to be behind on the issue and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is addressed in the next CBA or at least within the next five years or so.
I agree with this. I don't smoke it and haven't for well over twenty years. On top of that, if you legalize it and regulate it it takes illegal dealers off the streets which could improve public safety and I'm not someone that agrees with more laws or regulations. More people have issues becoming addicted to legal drugs like antidepressants or painkillers, I've seen it. I knew someone that worked in a doctor's office as an office manager and forged prescriptions for things like oxycodone or vicadin. They would keep some for themselves and sell the rest on the street. They were fired and never worked in a doctor's office again when it was discovered. They went to NarcAnon for a couple years but fell off the wagon.

They abuse them and when their prescription runs out, they buy them on the street where the person doesn't know what they're buying.

The last time I smoked MJ was probably '95. I don't know where my friend bought it but it was laced with something and I never touched it again because when you're buying it from a street dealer you don't know what you're getting. I knew someone years ago that bought some from a street dealer and it ended up he paid $10 for a little bag of catnip.

My final say is that MJ has never been proven to be physically addictive like some other drugs. That doesn't mean someone can't develop an emotional addiction to it but alcohol and some of the aforementioned drugs are known to be addictive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So this will probably take place in October.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:golfclap

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Absolutely correct. It is etched in stone for the time being so all the consternation about what the NFL should be doing is just wasted dialogue. Anyone is free to disagree but it changes nothing nor does it become a valid point by disagreeing.
Yep, and I am one who strongly disagrees with the NFL doing the job of law enforcement.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Randy Gregory met with Roger Goodell on Tuesday

By Around The NFL Staff NFL.com
Published: June 12, 2018 at 07:51 p.m.
Updated: June 13, 2018 at 01:35 a.m.

Less than a month after applying for NFL reinstatement, suspended Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory has an audience with the Commissioner.

Gregory met Tuesday with Roger Goodell for his official reinstatement hearing, NFL Network's Jane Slater reported, via sources informed of the situation.

All-Pro linebacker Sean Lee was among the teammates offering character statements, testifying that Gregory has earned another opportunity, Slater added.

The Cowboys' 2015 second-round draft pick has been suspended three times, including last year's season-long ban for violating the NFL's Policy for Substances of Abuse.

In addition to undergoing counseling, the 25-year-old has spent more than six weeks in intensive drug and alcohol rehabilitation.

"Talking to people close to the situation," Slater explained, "they tell me he's passed a number of drug tests over the last couple of years. He's also been able to maintain employment and he wants to rejoin this Cowboys organization, something that he has been incredibly committed to."

If Goodell clears Gregory for a return in time for next month's training camp, Dallas' coaching staff will have to figure out how to utilize a talented but enigmatic pass rusher with one sack in 14 career NFL games.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm no longer secretly rooting for this guy.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Does that mean you’re openly rooting for him?

Yeah, I hope he overcomes this deal.

Even if he leaves Dallas and plays for another team, I admire the guy for working hard to come back and approaching the situation the way he has to in order to do what he loves.

Pot laws are bullshit, but he's not using it as an excuse.

Not sure that I have any faith in him to be a commodity on the field, but I'm glad he didn't just give up and say "fuck it".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I hope he overcomes this deal.

Even if he leaves Dallas and plays for another team, I admire the guy for working hard to come back and approaching the situation the way he has to in order to do what he loves.

Pot laws are bullshit, but he's not using it as an excuse.

Not sure that I have any faith in him to be a commodity on the field, but I'm glad he didn't just give up and say "fuck it".
Same here. I am actively pulling for him. He took the anti-Ricky Williams approach and has busted his ass to get back playing. This shows just how much he loves the game. If he can stay clean you know you won't have to worry about his work ethic.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Given Goodell and the Cowboy organization's rocky relationship in recent years, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Goodell drag his feet on a decision.

There are absolutely no pressing issues going on at the moment, yet I could see Goodell waiting until late-August to make a decision.....purely out of spite.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Years off his career and 6 weeks in some bullshit rehab for the medicine that obviously helps with whatever he is dealing with.

He is obviously a criminal and a hooligan for not bowing down to his masters and Big Pharma and getting the legally prescribed bullshit pills that numb you to the point of not even feeling human, and not to mention forget any fucking sex life.

Fucking retarded.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How do you really feel? :)

Top Bottom