Cowboys DE Randy Gregory reportedly on track for an attempted reinstatement

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whoa .

This might be what puts him over the top.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is one endorsement I would avoid if I were Gregory.

Back in the day when drugs were rampant in the NFL, a player had to be a complete fiend to get sanctioned.

And Carter was basically closing in on that territory.

I get that Cris thinks he is some sort of messiah, same goes for Irvin, but these old guys make me laugh.

Carter has advised players to get a stooge to stand up for transgressions.

Fuck that guy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Quit putting things off and just do it!

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Quit putting things off and just do it!
Yeah, they could have gotten this submitted 2 weeks ago. It seems to me that this should happen. If they reinstalled Josh Gordon who is a fucking straight-up criminal, they should let Gregory back with his MJ addiction...

Really, they need to stop testing for pot. It doesn't help the league to do that. They are catching too many players and it doesn't affect the play on the field one way or the other.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We'll hear this story many times today I'm sure.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Carter made a good point, though...the league has enough of these bad stories.

They need a success story, maybe Gregory can be that guy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Randy Gregory will submit application for reinstatement tomorrow

The Cowboys former second-round draft pick will finally try and get his career going.
By Dave Halprin May 16, 2018, 3:00pm CDT

Randy Gregory is finally ready to apply for reinstatement to the NFL. According to reports, he will formally submit his application tomorrow (Thursday) for review by the NFL league office in hopes of rejoining the Cowboys.

The Cowboys took a chance on Gregory when they drafted him in the second round of the 2015 draft even though they knew of his history with drugs, including failing a test at the combine that year. He hasn’t been able to stay on the field consistently since.

When he plays, he shows flashes of the talent that would have made him an easy first-round pick in the draft. He’s got the athletic traits to make a fantastic pass-rushing defensive end, now he hopes to make that happen.

A source said, “He’s doing unbelievable in California, getting ready for the season. We’ve got our fingers crossed that he could become the comeback story of 2018.”
Several of his teammates have joined in the effort to get him reinstated, writing testimonials for the league.

Several of Gregory’s teammates, including Tyrone Crawford and Sean Lee, wrote letters of support for Gregory to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“I tried to give my two cents to the league and what I think is best for Randy,” Crawford said Wednesday. “I think it’s best he’s back in the locker room, he’s back around us. I think it will be good for him, and it’ll be good for us.”
Getting Gregory back would be a bonus, but the Cowboys defensive line is finally coming together. If reinstated, Gregory will have to fight for a roster spot and a place in the rotation.

Of the current defensive linemen, only [DeMarcus] Lawrence has played in a Pro Bowl, but as the Cowboys get ready for 2018 they could have their best line since switching to a 4-3 scheme in 2013 with Rod Marinelli as the line coach.

”I’m more excited to get this thing going than ever,” [Tyrone] Crawford said. “The defensive line, we’ve got a lot of weapons and with what we’ve shown so far in workouts, I’m excited to see these guys on the field. It’s going to definitely be a fun year. I’m ready for everything Coach Marinelli has to coach us and we’ll see how it goes.”

The Cowboys defensive line has a lot of nice parts, but no one has the ability to speed rush like Gregory can. Getting him back could add a jolt to the unit and finally give Dallas a return on that second-round investment.

So now he's going to turn it in tomorrow. Seems like my kids and cleaning their room...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wonder why it keeps getting put off. There has to be a reason.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Marijuana is memory loss drug, so maybe he just doesn't remember.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I was gonna turn in my requisite reinstatement paperwork, but then i got high.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we can all relax, it was filed yesterday.

Also was hearing on the NFL radio the other day that Gregory is in excellent shape at right around 255 pounds.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well we can all relax, it was filed yesterday.

Also was hearing on the NFL radio the other day that Gregory is in excellent shape at right around 255 pounds.
you lost me when you dropped the subjective "excellent shape" comment.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom