Cowboys DE Randy Gregory reportedly on track for an attempted reinstatement

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With the drafting of Armstrong it's going to make it hard for Gregory to even make the roster at DE. I hope the man has kept himself in shape because with Tapper, Ealy and Armstrong as potential backup DE's we actually have some good competition to keep an eye on in preseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With the drafting of Armstrong it's going to make it hard for Gregory to even make the roster at DE. I hope the man has kept himself in shape because with Tapper, Ealy and Armstrong as potential backup DE's we actually have some good competition to keep an eye on in preseason.
If Gregory is in shape, he is a no brainer for the roster. Tapper is a complete nothing at this stage. I definitely would not count on him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would think that your four DEs are Lawrence, Taco, Armstrong, and Gregory. Your only true solid DT is Collins, so Crawford and Irving have to play there out of necessity. Ash, Price, Velleno, wgas about those guys. There may be room for Tapper or Ealy on that DL even with Gregory making it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Gregory is in shape, he is a no brainer for the roster. Tapper is a complete nothing at this stage. I definitely would not count on him.
I'd probably keep 5 DE's with the last spot coming down to Ealy and Tapper. We haven't seen shit out of Tapper yet but I know the organization loved him last year before he got hurt yet again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would think that your four DEs are Lawrence, Taco, Armstrong, and Gregory. Your only true solid DT is Collins, so Crawford and Irving have to play there out of necessity. Ash, Price, Velleno, wgas about those guys. There may be room for Tapper or Ealy on that DL even with Gregory making it.
Ward is a pure DT in our system. I'm guessing Jihad Ward, Collins, Irving, Crawford and Price are the DT's right now. Of course if we go 5 DT's I doubt we go 5 DE's as well.

It would be interesting to do a way too early 53 man roster right now. Lots of tough decisions in my opinion.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Exactly what I was going to say.

The guy on the bubble is Tapper.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ealy is better than Gregory at this or any other point.

Gregory is an out of shape rusty time bomb poised to head back on the suspended list once he starts medicating the pain of being a pro again.

Give me the steady pro at this point. I don’t want the rest of the roster thinking I have any patience for bullshit “potential” players.

Randy Gregory and his one fucking career sack in three god damned years can take a hike. Let him be some other teams problem.

For some reason the “brain trust” on this team seems to think the 1T or NT position is inconsequential while drug addict unproductive retards are worth coddling.

Our team is run by fantasy football playing head in the clouds fools.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ealy is better than Gregory at this or any other point.

Gregory is an out of shape rusty time bomb poised to head back on the suspended list once he starts medicating the pain of being a pro again.
You have zero way of knowing any of this at this point.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You have zero way of knowing any of this at this point.
Ealy isn’t a star but he’s a pro.

Gregory hasn’t played football in two years. When he gets beat up as the season goes on, he could slip and self-medicate at any time— hence ticking time bomb. His recovery has been in a pain-free environment.

Oh yeah, he also hasn’t been very productive as a pass rusher nor impressive as a run stopper.

I have zero confidence in him, and he’s going to consume a roster spot and drain our coaching time.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't blame you for having zero confidence in Gregory. He might be fool's gold still.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Even if Gregory comes back, the only thing he's really proven is that he gets high. He's still nothing but potential.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why would writing a letter to the league be deemed as newsworthy? As if that would have some sort of impact.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
what 'delay'?

Top Bottom