Cowboys Expected To Re-Sign OL Joe Looney

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Why sign both him and Martin, I have no idea. They are about the same guy.

I am all for competition though, just hopefully they are both on bare bones one year deals with no guaranteed money.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Why sign both him and Martin, I have no idea. They are about the same guy.

I am all for competition though, just hopefully they are both on bare bones one year deals with no guaranteed money.
Yeah, we need to leave room for at least one backup O-lineman to be drafted.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Add this deal to whatever is being given to Martin, plus the approximately 4.5-5 million being given to Joe Thomas and Deonte Thompson and we could've had Tyrann Mathieu on a one year deal.

What a time to be alive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Add this deal to whatever is being given to Martin, plus the approximately 4.5-5 million being given to Joe Thomas and Deonte Thompson and we could've had Tyrann Mathieu on a one year deal.

What a time to be alive.
But he didn't fit the system!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Heard an interview with Mathieu where he said his mind was pretty much made up from the moment he was cut to where he wanted to go. So I'm betting it would have taken a lot more than the 7 mil he got from Houston to change his mind.

Not everyone automatically wants to sign with the great Dallas Cowboys, fan boys.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Heard an interview with Mathieu where he said his mind was pretty much made up from the moment he was cut to where he wanted to go. So I'm betting it would have taken a lot more than the 7 mil he got from Houston to change his mind.

Not everyone automatically wants to sign with the great Dallas Cowboys, fan boys.
Not anymore.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I did not hear said interview; but that's also something you say to placate the fan base you just signed with. So I take it with a grain of salt.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I did not hear said interview; but that's also something you say to placate the fan base you just signed with. So I take it with a grain of salt.
Well, he signed pretty damn quick and didn't really make the FA rounds to other teams. So I'll take him at his word.

And why would you have to placate the fans of the team you just signed with? I wouldn't think they would be upset with him coming in.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Maybe he just meant Texas?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life

Blasphemy! We're America's Team! Everyone wants to wear the star!

p1_

DCC 4Life
And lets just say Houston is no dream destination.

Top Bottom