Cowboys Sign OL Cameron Fleming

p1_

DCC 4Life
These less expensive FA online men might help them keep the nucleus fairly stable. Frederick, Martin, Smith and Collins.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hernandez might end up being better than Collins, we'd have 2 years to find out. If that's the case I'd just let Collins go.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
It's not my first choice but I wouldn't throw a temper tantrum.

Its not great team building though. Just can't re-sign all these offensive linemen. I'm even wondering if we can keep Collins long term.
Yeah I would be picking folks in the 3-4th rd range to backfill some of these positions. You really don’t need 1st round picks on the OL outside of the LT spot

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah I would be picking folks in the 3-4th rd range to backfill some of these positions. You really don’t need 1st round picks on the OL outside of the LT spot
And we need some defensive talent badly, enough of the offensive splurging already.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And we need some defensive talent badly, enough of the offensive splurging already.
Expect a heavy dose in the draft. I think we come away with our 1T, Vea or no, and all but redefine our LB corps.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Expect a heavy dose in the draft. I think we come away with our 1T, Vea or no, and all but redefine our LB corps.
I understand that it is a process.

Don't think that I don't see what is being built here.

Hopefully next year we get that HC upgrade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure we will draft a LBer in this draft but I wouldn't expect it to be redefined if I were you. We just drafted Jaylon in the second round so you know he is in the starter plans. Sean Lee is still here. We signed a guy. We still have Wilson. You're probably talking one, maybe two LBers in this draft and one of the guys is probably your special teams/depth special.

I really hope we come away with a 1 technique though. I love what stud DT's can do for a defense. We draft them so rarely so I'd love to see us get one this year. Even if it's not in the first round.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I understand that it is a process.

Don't think that I don't see what is being built here.

Hopefully next year we get that HC upgrade.
When Garrett inevitably screws the pooch again this year and is finally fired, the next coach is going to inherit a loaded team and tons of cap space.

That would appear to be an attractive landing place for a strong HC candidate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get a half chub just thinking of what that DL rotation would look like on Sundays
Could you imagine a D-line of Lawrence, Irving, Vea and Taco? Then you have guys like Collins, Crawford and Tapper coming off the bench. We could definitely use another rotational DE but I'd shoot for one in this draft. That's a pretty scary starting 4 though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm sure we will draft a LBer in this draft but I wouldn't expect it to be redefined if I were you. We just drafted Jaylon in the second round so you know he is in the starter plans. Sean Lee is still here. We signed a guy. We still have Wilson
We need Lee’s replacement badly. It’s insane the degree to which we depend on him to make the defense work, and we know he can’t be relied on. Jaylon’s recovery has a ways to go, and I didn’t see enough good football to warrant confidence in him as an actual starter. Wilson and Thomas are jags.

It’s a shaky corps, and has been that way a long time.

Can we for once draft some healthy, physical, and instinctive LBs?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We need Lee’s replacement badly. It’s insane the degree to which we depend on him to make the defense work, and we know he can’t be relied on. Jaylon’s recovery has a ways to go, and I didn’t see enough good football to warrant confidence in him as an actual starter. Wilson and Thomas are jags.

It’s a shaky corps, and has been that way a long time.

Can we for once draft some healthy, physical, and instinctive LBs?
Both Evans and Vander Esch are pre-draft visits so I think you're going to get your wish. I'd be surprised if we didn't draft a LB in the first 3 rounds.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Both Evans and Vander Esch are pre-draft visits so I think you're going to get your wish. I'd be surprised if we didn't draft a LB in the first 3 rounds.
Good call out. It’s gotta happen.

1T, LB, S, WR need to all be addressed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have Darius Leonard coming in as well.

Of course James Daniels, Will Hernandez and Kolton Miller says we may not be done on the O-line either.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Good call out. It’s gotta happen.

1T, LB, S, WR need to all be addressed.
That's the backbone of most defenses, but particularly the Tampa2.

Talk about some Marinelli "aw shucksin fistpumps".....:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a confirmed pre-draft visitor?

Interesting.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/3/23/17150408/pre-draft-visits-private-workouts-what-do-they-tell-us-about-cowboys-draft-strategy

That's the site that lists him. It was just recently updated to include James Daniels and Vea along with Darius Leonard. Based on the list as it stands now I'd say Dallas views WR, LBer and Oline as their three biggest needs. And with 3 potential first round O-lineman being brought in I certainly don't think that position is out of the question yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/3/23/17150408/pre-draft-visits-private-workouts-what-do-they-tell-us-about-cowboys-draft-strategy

That's the site that lists him. It was just recently updated to include James Daniels and Vea along with Darius Leonard. Based on the list as it stands now I'd say Dallas views WR, LBer and Oline as their three biggest needs. And with 3 potential first round O-lineman being brought in I certainly don't think that position is out of the question yet.
Miller is definitely someone I do not want at 19.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Projecting a year or two ahead let alone right now the team is correct in their assessments.

The studs on the OL are hitting their 8th, 6th, 5th, and 3rd Year’s.

Lee is in his 9th year, and there’s no one else.

The DL, despite its glaring need at 1T, is very young and deep by comparison.

Top Bottom