X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
    He's been taking practices off for at least 2 seasons in an effort to rest the back.
    Yeah I can't see how that's ever going to get better without some sort of special treatment. And if that treatment was out there you would have thought we would have done it in the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
      Oh, its an issue alright. Has been for at least 2 years now. I don't see it getting better either.
      Been wondering if it's reaching "Sean Lee" territory. To the point where he's going to be missing a couple games every season. Maybe it's time to draft a solid LT to develop behind him. With so many other needs in the roster and not much to offer in the upcoming draft, we can't grab one early. But this has to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
        Been wondering if it's reaching "Sean Lee" territory. To the point where he's going to be missing a couple games every season. Maybe it's time to draft a solid LT to develop behind him. With so many other needs in the roster and not much to offer in the upcoming draft, we can't grab one early. But this has to be addressed.
        Smith is 27 years old. What's the point in drafting someone to develop behind him when Tyron is still going to be around longer than the guy you drafted? You'd really just be drafting a guy to play 3 games a year. Which I have no problem with, obviously it cost us last year. But that's not worth premium resources either. Not unless you actually think Smith's career is done which I haven't seen that indication yet. Of course I don't really know if this back thing is degenerative. I've never heard that word associated with it.

Comment

Chronic is doable, degenerative is a different story. As long as he's able to manage it there shouldn't be any real problems. Like you, I haven't heard anything that would suggest that it could shorten his career.

Comment

Interesting. This is pretty much swing tackle type money. Byron Bell got a year at $2M.

Comment

1 year, 3.5 million apparently.

Still can't figure out whether he's being earmarked for the starting RT spot or if we still plan on taking a Hernandez or Wynn at 19 and only using him as the swing tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post

Still can't figure out whether he's being earmarked for the starting RT spot or if we still plan on taking a Hernandez or Wynn at 19 and only using him as the swing tackle.
                Probably signed him specifically thinking it could be either depending on what we do in the draft. I'm sure a guard at 19 is on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post

D.J. Fluker got $3M from the Giants last year to be a swing type who started at G. It is not money that demands he really start, but it is borderline.

I don't think he would just take a one year deal like this without some assurances he would be in the mix somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                    Probably signed him specifically thinking it could be either depending on what we do in the draft. I'm sure a guard at 19 is on the table.
                    And, I'm okay with that. After watching some video on Hernandez, the man is an absolute beast. I don't think I would mind him or Wynn at 19.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

It's not my first choice but I wouldn't throw a temper tantrum.

Its not great team building though. Just can't re-sign all these offensive linemen. I'm even wondering if we can keep Collins long term.

Comment

These less expensive FA online men might help them keep the nucleus fairly stable. Frederick, Martin, Smith and Collins.
                        defense wins championships

Comment

Hernandez might end up being better than Collins, we'd have 2 years to find out. If that's the case I'd just let Collins go.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                            It's not my first choice but I wouldn't throw a temper tantrum.

Its not great team building though. Just can't re-sign all these offensive linemen. I'm even wondering if we can keep Collins long term.
                            Yeah I would be picking folks in the 3-4th rd range to backfill some of these positions. You really donít need 1st round picks on the OL outside of the LT spot

Comment

Originally posted by Donpingon View Post
                              Yeah I would be picking folks in the 3-4th rd range to backfill some of these positions. You really don’t need 1st round picks on the OL outside of the LT spot
                              And we need some defensive talent badly, enough of the offensive splurging already.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                                And we need some defensive talent badly, enough of the offensive splurging already.
                                Expect a heavy dose in the draft. I think we come away with our 1T, Vea or no, and all but redefine our LB corps.

Comment

Working...
                                X