Cowboys Sign OL Cameron Fleming

Cujo

DCC 4Life
This is my favorite signing. This one makes too much sense and he is fairly young to boot.

I was about to say the same thing. And what's my favorite thing about this signing? Anyone?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Don't worry guys, with these chuckleheads running things the rage is inevitably right around the corner.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Anyone have info on Tyron Smith's back? Been wondering if this could be a real issue going forward.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone have info on Tyron Smith's back? Been wondering if this could be a real issue going forward.
Oh, its an issue alright. Has been for at least 2 years now. I don't see it getting better either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No info that isn't just a fluff piece. I remember reading something by the Cowboys stating that they don't believe the back is a long term issue. But honestly, it's what I'd expect out of the Cowboys even if his back was about to explode any minute. My guess is it's something we will just have to manage the rest of his career.

p1_

DCC 4Life
No info that isn't just a fluff piece. I remember reading something by the Cowboys stating that they don't believe the back is a long term issue. But honestly, it's what I'd expect out of the Cowboys even if his back was about to explode any minute. My guess is it's something we will just have to manage the rest of his career.
He's been taking practices off for at least 2 seasons in an effort to rest the back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's been taking practices off for at least 2 seasons in an effort to rest the back.
Yeah I can't see how that's ever going to get better without some sort of special treatment. And if that treatment was out there you would have thought we would have done it in the last 2 years.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Oh, its an issue alright. Has been for at least 2 years now. I don't see it getting better either.
Been wondering if it's reaching "Sean Lee" territory. To the point where he's going to be missing a couple games every season. Maybe it's time to draft a solid LT to develop behind him. With so many other needs in the roster and not much to offer in the upcoming draft, we can't grab one early. But this has to be addressed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been wondering if it's reaching "Sean Lee" territory. To the point where he's going to be missing a couple games every season. Maybe it's time to draft a solid LT to develop behind him. With so many other needs in the roster and not much to offer in the upcoming draft, we can't grab one early. But this has to be addressed.
Smith is 27 years old. What's the point in drafting someone to develop behind him when Tyron is still going to be around longer than the guy you drafted? You'd really just be drafting a guy to play 3 games a year. Which I have no problem with, obviously it cost us last year. But that's not worth premium resources either. Not unless you actually think Smith's career is done which I haven't seen that indication yet. Of course I don't really know if this back thing is degenerative. I've never heard that word associated with it.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Chronic is doable, degenerative is a different story. As long as he's able to manage it there shouldn't be any real problems. Like you, I haven't heard anything that would suggest that it could shorten his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Interesting. This is pretty much swing tackle type money. Byron Bell got a year at $2M.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
1 year, 3.5 million apparently.

Still can't figure out whether he's being earmarked for the starting RT spot or if we still plan on taking a Hernandez or Wynn at 19 and only using him as the swing tackle.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Still can't figure out whether he's being earmarked for the starting RT spot or if we still plan on taking a Hernandez or Wynn at 19 and only using him as the swing tackle.
Probably signed him specifically thinking it could be either depending on what we do in the draft. I'm sure a guard at 19 is on the table.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

D.J. Fluker got $3M from the Giants last year to be a swing type who started at G. It is not money that demands he really start, but it is borderline.

I don't think he would just take a one year deal like this without some assurances he would be in the mix somehow.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Probably signed him specifically thinking it could be either depending on what we do in the draft. I'm sure a guard at 19 is on the table.
And, I'm okay with that. After watching some video on Hernandez, the man is an absolute beast. I don't think I would mind him or Wynn at 19.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's not my first choice but I wouldn't throw a temper tantrum.

Its not great team building though. Just can't re-sign all these offensive linemen. I'm even wondering if we can keep Collins long term.

Top Bottom