Cowboys Sign OL Cameron Fleming

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is my favorite signing. This one makes too much sense and he is fairly young to boot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is my favorite signing. This one makes too much sense and he is fairly young to boot.
And it makes things a little less tense in terms of having to draft a guard.

Key now becomes can he play LG or do they feel the need to move Collins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it makes things a little less tense in terms of having to draft a guard.

Key now becomes can he play LG or do they feel the need to move Collins.
It means we can draft Hernandez and make him our swing tackle or if we do a different direction we are still good with a depth pick later.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It means we can draft Hernandez and make him our swing tackle or if we do a different direction we are still good with a depth pick later.
Will have to see what money he got before I think they go swing tackle with him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will have to see what money he got before I think they go swing tackle with him.
Yeah I think he is better than a third tackle. I think if it's good money then we are moving Collins back to OG where I think he was better.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Was worried he was the guy who gave up that late decisive sack in the SB. Turns out it was the guard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was worried he was the guy who gave up that late decisive sack in the SB. Turns out it was the guard.
PFF actually graded him better than the OT the Giants signed to a massive contract lol.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
What I love about these signings is that now we’re not pigeonholed in the draft. Solid pickups all around

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I love about these signings is that now we’re not pigeonholed in the draft. Solid pickups all around
Yeah now if we could sign one LBer I'd feel really good heading into the draft. But I wouldn't be surprised if we just lock in on a lber in the draft. It's a bad idea but wouldn't be surprising.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Very good signing, now give me Vaccaro, Reid or Tre Boston and I'd say this has somehow been a damn good free agency period.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah now if we could sign one LBer I'd feel really good heading into the draft. But I wouldn't be surprised if we just lock in on a lber in the draft. It's a bad idea but wouldn't be surprising.
I certainly don't want them locking in on a position although if Vander Esch or Evans is the pick at 19 I'd be fine with it, depending on how the board looks. I'd definitely rather trade down to 28 or so before taking them but they I wouldn't be up in arms if either of them is the pick.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Maybe if Reid came out and did a press conference saying that all niggaz that the police have shot deserve to die then teh Jer might sign him.

vince

Not So New Member
2018 NFL free agency: Cowboys expected to sign Patriots offensive tackle Cameron Fleming

New England loses another offensive lineman.

By Bernd Buchmasser @BerndBuchmasser Mar 24, 2018, 3:41pm EDT

Before the start of free agency, the New England Patriots had three of their top four offensive tackles from the previous season scheduled to hit the open market. The team lost starting left tackle Nate Solder to the New York Giants on a four-year, $62 million contract before bringing back backup LaAdrian Waddle two days ago. Now, the Patriots are about to lose yet another tackle.

Fleming entered the 2017 season as the Patriots’ number four option at the tackle position behind Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon; he ended it by starting the Super Bowl at the right tackle spot. In between, the former fourth round draft pick saw a season-ending injury to Cannon as well as an injury to his replacement LaAdrian Waddle. As a result, Fleming was elevated to a starting role in week 13 – and he never looked back.

Overall, the 25-year old appeared in 15 games for the Patriots last year and played roughly 40% of the team’s offensive snaps (along with a 15% of special teams snaps as well). All in all, considering where he started the year on the depth chart, Fleming did a good job to fill in for Waddle and by extension Cannon. And despite giving up the second-most sacks on the team, he popped up on another team's free agency radar.

Fleming originally joined the Patriots as a fourth-round draft pick in 2014 and despite serving mostly as a depth option over the next four seasons still appeared in 56 games – 22 of which starts. New England therefore loses an experienced swing tackle option that might have had a chance to earn a starting role with Solder leaving to join New York. At least until the draft, this spot now appears to be LaAdrian Waddle's to lose.

With Fleming about to leave the Patriots, New England will have another player counting in the compensatory draft picks formula.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
A better way to look at it is we aren't forced to draft a guard now. That's makes me pretty happy. At this point I think the only positions we have a huge need for are LB and safety. Really you could argue safety isn't one either since we basically have the same folks as last year.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A better way to look at it is we aren't forced to draft a guard now. That's makes me pretty happy. At this point I think the only positions we have a huge need for are LB and safety. Really you could argue safety isn't one either since we basically have the same folks as last year.
Yeah I want a safety but if we strike out I'm ok making Woods out center fielder. I think he is perfect for it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I want a safety but if we strike out I'm ok making Woods out center fielder. I think he is perfect for it.
I am just not sure they trust him enough for that.

I have no basis for feeling this way, just a gut.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am just not sure they trust him enough for that.

I have no basis for feeling this way, just a gut.
Not sure he played some last year. He is just excellent in zone coverage. But yeah for some reason they trust Heath.

Top Bottom