Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys Restructure Witten's Contract

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cowboys Restructure Witten's Contract


  • #2
    OK, so what are we trying to do here? Another FA? Free up some money to give Lawrence a long term contract? If we keep Lawrence on a franchise tag he's gonna play balls out and be even more expensive after next season.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
      OK, so what are we trying to do here? Another FA? Free up some money to give Lawrence a long term contract? If we keep Lawrence on a franchise tag he's gonna play balls out and be even more expensive after next season.
      We have a lot of cap room next year but it's silly how much we waste on guys like Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. And I agree, get the shit done with Lawrence, it's not going to get cheaper unless he sucks. And even if he sucks teams will still offer him big money based on this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Didn't see that coming.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
          Didn't see that coming.
          We will have dead cap for Witten when he hits Social Security age.

          Comment


          • #6
            It’s to pay for Hurns.
            defense wins championships

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by boozeman View Post
              We will have dead cap for Witten when he hits Social Security age.
              Sadly this means they are banking on him this year and next probably.

              Comment


              • #8
                Kick that can, Jerry.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
                  OK, so what are we trying to do here? Another FA? Free up some money to give Lawrence a long term contract? If we keep Lawrence on a franchise tag he's gonna play balls out and be even more expensive after next season.
                  Cameron Flemming

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                    Cameron Flemming
                    Hoping so. I think we are taking one of the two LBers left at our pick. I guess Vander Esch.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                      Sadly this means they are banking on him this year and next probably.
                      They have cap space the next two seasons, so they’re just looking for contracts to swap the space back.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X