Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Interesting.

I'm not in love with going WR at 19 but it seems like a deep class on Day 2. If we add a guy like Gallup or DaeSean Hamilton I'd be ok with moving on from Dez, although I think we'd need to add some more speed either at TE or with a receiving back like Hines first.

You can definitely get away with Hurns/Williams/Day 2 rookie/Thompson/Beasley/Switzer when you have a dominant running game, but slow-assed Witten makes things more difficult if we can't get some more speed on the field.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hurns is basically another Terrence Williams but without all the body catching.

If healthy I suspect his stats will be around 45 for 500.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hurns is basically another Terrence Williams but without all the body catching.

If healthy I suspect his stats will be around 45 for 500.
What's interesting is that he led the Jags in routes ran from the slot last year, he could be more of a Beasley/Switzer replacement than I thought.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys Twitter is going nuts. "THEY GONE CUT DEZ!!!!"

I don't see that happening until after the draft at the earliest.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So do we still keep Dez, Beasley and Terrance? Certainly we can't keep this many veteran WRs.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting.

I'm not in love with going WR at 19 but it seems like a deep class on Day 2. If we add a guy like Gallup or DaeSean Hamilton I'd be ok with moving on from Dez, although I think we'd need to add some more speed either at TE or with a receiving back like Hines first.

You can definitely get away with Hurns/Williams/Day 2 rookie/Thompson/Beasley/Switzer when you have a dominant running game, but slow-assed Witten makes things more difficult if we can't get some more speed on the field.
Pettis me please.

But that's not bad speed. William's has decent speed and so does the other guy we signed. Throw in the explosive Pettis and our offense would be way different and in my opinion better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah, I think at least one of those 3 are gone.
I think its Dez. We save by far the most money cutting him. Although I'm not opposed to cutting Beasley either. Switzer is the same thing but younger and cheaper.

Cotton

Staff member

Take it for what it's worth.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
It takes 2 WRs to replace Brice Butler.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
So do we still keep Dez, Beasley and Terrance? Certainly we can't keep this many veteran WRs.
Outside of Dez, the WRs on the roster are affordable. I would not touch the top 3, but Brown should not be guaranteed a spot...he'd be my first to go.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Two of those plays were out of the slot, I'm telling you this guy may eat into Beasley's snaps way more than Dez or Williams.

He's arguably the best route runner on the team honestly, if you consider that Beasley isn't really a threat outside of 10 yards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mixed feelings about this. I would hope they don't do something dumb like think he is a WR1 and dump Bryant.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Two of those plays were out of the slot, I'm telling you this guy may eat into Beasley's snaps way more than Dez or Williams.

He's arguably the best route runner on the team honestly, if you consider that Beasley isn't really a threat outside of 10 yards.
I thought I read that he was unhappy playing in the slot. Interesting if that's the case.

Top Bottom