Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Though I'm concerned how little attention is being paid to the defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Though I'm concerned how little attention is being paid to the defense.
Feh, I am concerned about the whole fucking roster.

They can actually salvage free agency if they get off their asses.

We still are carrying dead weight on the cap with guys like Hanna.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You want this guy then the old man better turn on the charm. Can’t hope to compete against the jets financially if they really want him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I was told he has slowed significantly and likely didn’t have a ton to offer at this point.
sounds like someone we know ...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would his role here possibly be? Odd fit IMO.
Dez replacement probably with a draft pick to compliment. He is a few years younger and managed a 1000 yard season with a shit QB. But that was back in 2015. And much like Dez I think injuries have slowed his speed.

I like Hurns but the only way I think we sign him is if he is substantially cheaper than the 12.5 mil base salary Dez is about to earn.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dez replacement probably with a draft pick to compliment. He is a few years younger and managed a 1000 yard season with a shit QB. But that was back in 2015. And much like Dez I think injuries have slowed his speed.

I like Hurns but the only way I think we sign him is if he is substantially cheaper than the 12.5 mil base salary Dez is about to earn.
The past two seasons each, Hurns had 30 something catches and 400 something yards. That's a pretty piss poor number one and replacement for Dez.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is a good visit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The past two seasons each, Hurns had 30 something catches and 400 something yards. That's a pretty piss poor number one and replacement for Dez.
It was all the QBs fault... or at least that's what I was told is how it works.

But honestly the guy has missed way too many games the past 2 years. Missed 6 games last year and 5 games the year prior. So on the bright side, if he plays a full season his numbers would probably more like 700-800 yards with a shit QB. The bad news is I have little faith he plays a full season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a good visit.
I've always liked Hurns. We need to check the medicals though. The guy couldn't stay healthy at all thebpast two seasons. We need to decide if that's a trend or not. Good news is he is 26 and young.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I've always liked Hurns. We need to check the medicals though. The guy couldn't stay healthy at all thebpast two seasons. We need to decide if that's a trend or not. Good news is he is 26 and young.
Of course they need to go through the proper screenings, and I assume they will.

Genghis Khan

It was all the QBs fault... or at least that's what I was told is how it works.

But honestly the guy has missed way too many games the past 2 years. Missed 6 games last year and 5 games the year prior. So on the bright side, if he plays a full season his numbers would probably more like 700-800 yards with a shit QB. The bad news is I have little faith he plays a full season.

Yes, part of the problem there is the QB, no question.

But that doesn't mean every receiver with low numbers skyrocket in a new situation. Especially when the new situation is one where the existing receiver numbers are also deflated.

I like Hurns, but he's a better fit as an upgrade to TWill, but I don't think TWill is going anywhere. Plus I think you'd have to pay Hurns more.

If he replaces Dez, I think that's a pretty big leap of faith.

Genghis Khan

26 is right around when Dez started to "decline" due to age.

Cotton

Staff member
Yes, part of the problem there is the QB, no question.

But that doesn't mean every receiver with low numbers skyrocket in a new situation. Especially when the new situation is one where the existing receiver numbers are also deflated.

I like Hurns, but he's a better fit as an upgrade to TWill, but I don't think TWill is going anywhere. Plus I think you'd have to pay Hurns more.

If he replaces Dez, I think that's a pretty big leap of faith.
I don't envision him as a Dez replacement, but him plus a draft pick could replace Dez. We don't necessarily need a true #1. Just give me a solid reliably consistent receiver corps and I'm happy. Dak is much better when he spreads the ball around and this situation would facilitate that.

Top Bottom