Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys


  • #2
    Seems promising.

    Comment


    • #3
      Though I'm concerned how little attention is being paid to the defense.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
        Though I'm concerned how little attention is being paid to the defense.
        Feh, I am concerned about the whole fucking roster.

        They can actually salvage free agency if they get off their asses.

        We still are carrying dead weight on the cap with guys like Hanna.

        Comment


        • #5
          You want this guy then the old man better turn on the charm. Can’t hope to compete against the jets financially if they really want him.

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              I was told he has slowed significantly and likely didn’t have a ton to offer at this point.
              sounds like someone we know ...

              Comment


              • #8
                What would his role here possibly be? Odd fit IMO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                  What would his role here possibly be? Odd fit IMO.
                  Dez replacement probably with a draft pick to compliment. He is a few years younger and managed a 1000 yard season with a shit QB. But that was back in 2015. And much like Dez I think injuries have slowed his speed.

                  I like Hurns but the only way I think we sign him is if he is substantially cheaper than the 12.5 mil base salary Dez is about to earn.
                  Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 03-20-2018, 09:45 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                    Dez replacement probably with a draft pick to compliment. He is a few years younger and managed a 1000 yard season with a shit QB. But that was back in 2015. And much like Dez I think injuries have slowed his speed.

                    I like Hurns but the only way I think we sign him is if he is substantially cheaper than the 12.5 mil base salary Dez is about to earn.
                    The past two seasons each, Hurns had 30 something catches and 400 something yards. That's a pretty piss poor number one and replacement for Dez.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is a good visit.
                      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                        The past two seasons each, Hurns had 30 something catches and 400 something yards. That's a pretty piss poor number one and replacement for Dez.
                        It was all the QBs fault... or at least that's what I was told is how it works.

                        But honestly the guy has missed way too many games the past 2 years. Missed 6 games last year and 5 games the year prior. So on the bright side, if he plays a full season his numbers would probably more like 700-800 yards with a shit QB. The bad news is I have little faith he plays a full season.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                          This is a good visit.
                          I've always liked Hurns. We need to check the medicals though. The guy couldn't stay healthy at all thebpast two seasons. We need to decide if that's a trend or not. Good news is he is 26 and young.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                            What would his role here possibly be? Odd fit IMO.
                            Outside WR. Call him WR2 or WR3, doesn't matter to me. He would be a good addition.
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                              I've always liked Hurns. We need to check the medicals though. The guy couldn't stay healthy at all thebpast two seasons. We need to decide if that's a trend or not. Good news is he is 26 and young.
                              Of course they need to go through the proper screenings, and I assume they will.
                              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X