Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Mixed feelings about this. I would hope they don't do something dumb like think he is a WR1 and dump Bryant.
How about if they draft someone like Chark in the 2nd or Hamilton in the 3rd then cut Dez?

I think I'd hold on to Dez for another year and see if he can recapture any magic, and because I think Hurns/Williams/rookie/Thompson/Beasley/Switzer with slow ass Witten isn't quite formidable enough, but if they were to cut him after spending a 2nd or 3rd on a WR I'd understand.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Mixed feelings about this. I would hope they don't do something dumb like think he is a WR1 and dump Bryant.
That's how I feel about it.

But if not, there seems to be too many bodies.

I'd think ideally he replaces Williams, but we just signed him long term last off-season. Still could do it I guess.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like 6 mill per.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's how I feel about it.

But if not, there seems to be too many bodies.

I'd think ideally he replaces Williams, but we just signed him long term last off-season. Still could do it I guess.
Yeah even if you cut Brown that's still 6 WRs all of which are veterans except Switzer. Which means a year from now you're probably in really bad shape at the position with no youth coming up. I'd rather draft someone and cut Dez. You can't have 5 veteran recievers and then a utility guy like Switzer.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So do we still keep Dez, Beasley and Terrance? Certainly we can't keep this many veteran WRs.
I hope we keep them all and draft a couple. Fight it out in camp and let's go with who steps the fuck up.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Two of those plays were out of the slot, I'm telling you this guy may eat into Beasley's snaps way more than Dez or Williams.

He's arguably the best route runner on the team honestly, if you consider that Beasley isn't really a threat outside of 10 yards.
Is there any chance at all that Beasley could be traded? I don't understand shit about contracts, so it's an honest question.

We have a younger version in Switzer and there's younger QBs who could benefit from teh Beasley crisp routes inside the 10.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any chance at all that Beasley could be traded? I don't understand shit about contracts, so it's an honest question.

We have a younger version in Switzer and there's younger QBs who could benefit from teh Beasley crisp routes inside the 10.
Beasley contractually could be traded. Just not sure anyone would want him bad enough. He would make a perfect Patriot.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Switzer contractually could be traded. Just not sure anyone would want him bad enough. He would make a perfect Patriot.
I was talking about Beasley though.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
More.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I thought Beasley was going to be gone. Not like he makes a ton, but wasn't the talk at the end of the season that cutting him would save a couple/few million?

Still think Steve and Jerry decided to keep Dez when they saw what that first wave of free agent WRs got.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah even if you cut Brown that's still 6 WRs all of which are veterans except Switzer. Which means a year from now you're probably in really bad shape at the position with no youth coming up. I'd rather draft someone and cut Dez. You can't have 5 veteran recievers and then a utility guy like Switzer.
I think that's playing with fire though.

I don't think Hurns is a #1, and rookie WRs bust at a fairly high rate, even highly drafted ones.

If we put a lot of eggs in that basket but then draft the next Limas Sweed or Nelson Agahlor we've outsmarted ourselves and become worse in the process.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought Beasley was going to be gone. Not like he makes a ton, but wasn't the talk at the end of the season that cutting him would save a couple/few million?

Still think Steve and Jerry decided to keep Dez when they saw what that first wave of free agent WRs got.
They need to be rid of Williams' contract though. He is far more useless

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that's playing with fire though.

I don't think Hurns is a #1, and rookie WRs bust at a fairly high rate, even highly drafted ones.

If we put a lot of eggs in that basket but then draft the next Limas Sweed or Nelson Agahlor we've outsmarted ourselves and become worse in the process.
I'm not sure we need or really want a real number 1 WR. Look what a team like the Rams did last year. I think that's more what we want to do. Spread the ball around and be a mostly run oriented team. Better off with three #2's that are all happy to see the ball when they do.

Top Bottom