Orlando Scandrick Is Informed Of Release By Garrett

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Garrett is such a fucking stooge.

The whole Jones family is on vacation, so he has to step in and tell Scandrick he is getting his wish.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And yet, they claim to be putting effort into free agency. These fuckers aren’t even at work.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Is there such a thing as a Scandrick signature play? He was just sort of "there" all those years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there such a thing as a Scandrick signature play? He was just sort of "there" all those years.
Good corner but his hands were bricks. Shit, he might as well have just not had hands. He is that bad at catching footballs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So they basically get zero return on the cap savings right now as it won't hit until after June 1st.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is pretty rare you see a player stick around as long and get paid as much without one. I guess there might have been a pass break-up somewhere in his ten years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Scandrick was a good player, a quality starting CB, and never on a mega deal. He was the epitome of a successful late round pick. I hold no grudges.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

So they basically get zero return on the cap savings right now as it won't hit until after June 1st.
No, that is not correct. You get the savings immediately. We are actually pushing his dead money into next year to free up more money this year. It is perhaps an indication we are trying to make a move. Although at this point we are down a starting LBer, FB, LS and OG. So we're gonna have a lot to do with relatively little money.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, that is not correct. You get the savings immediately. We are actually pushing his dead money into next year to free up more money this year. It is perhaps an indication we are trying to make a move. Although at this point we are down a starting LBer, FB, LS and OG. So we're gonna have a lot to do with relatively little money.
You are mistaken.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scandrick was a good player, a quality starting CB, and never on a mega deal. He was the epitome of a successful late round pick. I hold no grudges.
Never on a mega deal, but big enough to keep using as a bank where they could withdraw cap leverage. That has been his main purpose for a while.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
No tears shed here, he was a decent backup/slot CB considering where he was picked and how long he lasted but that's about it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Always liked Scandrick. I really wish they would have done all the creative things they hinted at with him, like playing S and a hybrid FS/CB dealio.

midswat

... soon
His most memorable legacy IIRC is injuring our own players during training camp.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Scandrick>Jenkins

Thats what I'll remember him for.

midswat

... soon
Scandrick>Jenkins

Thats what I'll remember him for.
Tried to respond to this with the youtube clip of Mike Jenkins pick six vs the Giants his rookie year, I believe.

Stumbled across this instead. Man... I remember how excited I got during this play. Think I promptly declared McCann as a potential cornerstone in our secondary. Kid was probably released that next offseason and was never seen or heard from again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZstHQolqe4

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I heard today he may have signed with Washington. Anyone have confirmation?

Top Bottom