Mac "White Flag" Engel: Pay Dez Because Everyone Else Sucks

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas doesn't necessarily need a #1 receiver with their running back being so good. They should play hard ball and demand he restructure his massive deal or they cut his sorry ass.
I agree, we do better spreading the ball around. We basically suck when we try to feed the ball to one guy. I'd rather have 3 really good WR's than one super stud in this offense. Not that Dez is anywhere close to a superstud right now, but he is getting paid like one.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
Dez hasn’t done anything to deserve big money as of late....I’d tell him produce, stop whining, dropping passes and maybe you’ll get a raise. Wouldn’t be too upsetting if he was cut.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Dez hasn’t done anything to deserve big money as of late....I’d tell him produce, stop whining, dropping passes and maybe you’ll get a raise. Wouldn’t be too upsetting if he was cut.
He’s had those opportunities already and never took advantage of them.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You havent said anything about what you would propose his 'keeping' price to be. Please bolster your argument by seeing it through to a practical conclusion. This MF expects his $16M; that aint't happenin, so then what would you propose to give him that will appease his mature sense of self worth? I, for one, will proceed with the assumption that if he's on the roster, his production numbers will be the same or worse. That'll be just great.
He’s getting that money, unless you think the Cowboys are giving up on the playoffs. There’s not enough of a transition otherwise, even if they draft two WRs in the first three rounds (which I wouldn’t terribly mind).

Dez has a strong case that the entire passing offense took a major step back last year. Not one WR actually got better in 2017 except Butler (barely), and they liked him so much they told him to pack his bags.

With the holes on the OL, Elliott’s suspension, Witten’s age, and Dak’s sophomore struggles you can’t pin it on one guy, no matter how “convenient” it might be.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
Or a clever trade, but what you’re describing is beyond our front office. I’m telling you Dez is it at #1 WR, at least this year.
We’re not clever enough to trade him so I guess we are stuck with him another year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That’s a big shit sandwich to swallow. This is already looking bleak. Zeke will yet again be the entirety of our offense. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to hope it brings an end to the Garrett era.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That’s a big shit sandwich to swallow. This is already looking bleak. Zeke will yet again be the entirety of our offense. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to hope it brings an end to the Garrett era.
It’s about the only silver lining.

This team can’t develop WRs or QBs, and that’s a problem in today’s NFL. I don’t think TWill or Dez significantly improved their craft since they began in Dallas. Of all of them maybe only Cole Beasely really improved, and that was mainly from being left alone in short zones where Beasely could exploit his quickness.

None can run pick plays or sell double moves consistently. They usually win through athletic skill.

I’m convinced the last bit of meaningful coaching Tony Romo got was in 2006.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This article has aged better now that it is all over with in free agency in terms of WRs. There is really no upside to cutting him now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Pay him and sit him down. I don’t see earning anything near the comp.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This article has aged better now that it is all over with in free agency in terms of WRs. There is really no upside to cutting him now.
Did you actually think our front office was capable of grabbing a free agent to be our #1 WR? They don’t even know how anymore.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They know how but much like you they are still delusional about Dez.
I’ve no delusions about Dez, but I can safely say you’ve argued your way off the deep end the other direction. You keep trying to paint me as some kind of Dez fanatic, but I’m just being realistic unlike most people when it comes to Dez.

You’re so in bed with Dak that you can’t seem to assess Dez accurately.

I tell you what, Dez has done more to earn his money than Sammy Watkins. Rams with 31 million in space weren’t going to re-sign him. Three years 48 million. Wow.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We’re not clever enough to trade him so I guess we are stuck with him another year.
If Dez is as shitty as people say, coupled with his giant contract, why do you think anybody would trade for him?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve no delusions about Dez, but I can safely say you’ve argued your way off the deep end the other direction. You keep trying to paint me as some kind of Dez fanatic, but I’m just being realistic unlike most people when it comes to Dez.

You’re so in bed with Dak that you can’t seem to assess Dez accurately.

I tell you what, Dez has done more to earn his money than Sammy Watkins. Rams with 31 million in space weren’t going to re-sign him. Three years 48 million. Wow.
You can't even have a discussion about Dez without trying to turn it into a Dak discussion. Funny because I'm not screaming about replacing any of the other WRs. Of course that's because they were at least respectable in their roles.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You can't even have a discussion about Dez without trying to turn it into a Dak discussion. Funny because I'm not screaming about replacing any of the other WRs. Of course that's because they were at least respectable in their roles.
I dont think Williams did himself any favors in the step up department, and he recently got paid as well. Big disappointment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think Williams did himself any favors in the step up department, and he recently got paid as well. Big disappointment.
Eh, he caught 67% of the passes thrown his direction. I think his opportunities were very limited which led to overall numbers that weren't that impressive. If anything I think Williams should have been made a bigger part of the offense last year. We need to look for him more down the field. His 10.7 ypc average is unusually low for him and he didn't have any TD catches. Basically he is a big play WR that we sort of stopped using for big plays. We need to learn to mix things up more on offense. We got so stale last year with certain receivers filling certain roles and only running certain routes and it made guys way too predictable. So basically I have no problem with what Williams did. We just need to air it out to him more.

p1_

DCC 4Life
His 10.7 ypc average is unusually low for him and he didn't have any TD catches.
Lower average YPC and zero TD's says alot. Seperation issues? Deep speed? A big play guy hits pay dirt at least once a season. I expect and need more, and with all the focus on Dez, Terrance has kinda flown below the radar.

p1_

DCC 4Life
By the way, have you all heard the bit about Dez supposedly gonna be working with David Robinson (some route guru) on improving his routes? Only 9 years too late I'd say. :jerk

Top Bottom