X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benson Mayowa Released

I'm sure the brain trust is expecting to sign 3 free agents for the 2.75 million they saved.

Comment

Not sure who was the bigger waste of space, him or Thornton. Conversely, everything Philly touches turns to gold.

Comment

Originally posted by bbgun View Post
        Not sure who was the bigger waste of space, him or Thornton. Conversely, everything Philly touches turns to gold.
        Thornton's contract was much bigger and Mayowa led the team in sacks in 2016, not that 6 sacks is impressive but he was still a pretty solid contributor. Thornton was definitely the bigger disappointment, especially given the expectations.

Comment

Wondering if this is part of future cuts to sign current players, or maybe we're going to sign a decent FA ?

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
            Wondering if this is part of future cuts to sign current players, or maybe we're going to sign a decent FA ?
            Yes, his name is Demarcus Lawrence.
            I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
            'nuff said

Comment

Thornton was a bigger whiff but the better player before being signed and the better bet IMO.

Mayowa was a shot in the dark that I never understood. Never seemed to be what we needed. He was an attempt to find a diamond in the rough but it was always quite obvious that he was mostly a fringe player.

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                Yes, his name is Demarcus Lawrence.
                Yep, it's why a long term deal would be nice.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                    Wonder if we even bothered to see if anyone wanted to flip a late rounder for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                      Thornton was a bigger whiff but the better player before being signed and the better bet IMO.
                      I was a lot more disappointed in Thornton’s average performance than Mayowa’s.

Comment

Working...
                      X