Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cavanaugh: Post-combine Cowboys draft preview Who you should (and shouldn't) hope for

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
    And that's where I get hung up on Payne. I know he's athletic and had a big combine and playoff performance. But his stats at Bama just aren't impressive.
    I've watched some cut ups of him and it's not impressive at all. He didn't even knock guys back into the backfield. He just sort of sat at the line of scrimmage heads up with the center and then would try to make the tackle 4 yards down field. Now maybe that's just the Alabama scheme but God it's so much different then what we do with our NT. And frankly it showed off almost none of his ability. If I were picking between Payne in the first or Senat in the third. I'd far prefer Senat. Watch that guy play, he was a terror.

Comment

That's what I've heard. Several reports say Senat has a great combo of strength and speed, and makes things happen in the backfield. Sounds like a solid pick in the third or fourth. That would free us up for other picks earlier for DB, G, WR

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
        I'm not sure the drop off is really as significant as they make you believe. This is a really stellar NT class. And frankly I'm not that high on Payne. His overall resume does not justify a first round pick in my opinion. It's a lot of dancing at the line of scrimmage. And yes I know he had a couple awesome games in the playoffs.
        I want nothing to do with Payne. Either Vea at 19 or wait until the mid-rounds for a solution at 1T.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

That's what I've heard. Several reports say Senat has a great combo of strength and speed, and makes things happen in the backfield. Sounds like a solid pick in the third or fourth. That would free us up for other picks earlier for DB, G, WR
          Senat has become a pet cat of mine. He would be my first choice outside of Vea in the first.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
            Senat has become a pet cat of mine. He would be my first choice outside of Vea in the first.
            I agree. I love that Senat is more than just a slug in the middle. He actually has some pass rush ability. I think he is a much better fit for the slanted 1 technique in our defense than your standard heads up one like some of the other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
              Yep, IMO Vea would be the holy grail. Senat would be a solid pick. Either way, this organization has to stop glossing over the 1tech as a disposable position that any ol' JAG or retread can play. It's standing out like a turd in a punch bowl now...we need a difference maker.

Comment

Yep, IMO Vea would be the holy grail.
                Won't happen, because our brain trust knows better... and stuff.

They went to the NFC Championship in 1995, don'tcha know. They ARE the authority on this shit. NT's make no difference.

Sarcasm aside, I just don't think they will be willing to trade up for Vea.

Wondering if Dontari Poe is on their radar?

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                  Won't happen, because our brain trust knows better... and stuff.

They went to the NFC Championship in 1995, don'tcha know. They ARE the authority on this shit. NT's make no difference.

Sarcasm aside, I just don't think they will be willing to trade up for Vea.

Wondering if Dontari Poe is on their radar?
                  Yeah I don't know that I'd trade up for Vea. But if he made it to 19 I'd take him in a heart beat. I just don't think our coaches will. Which is why Senat is perfect. Doesn't cost a premium pick and he brings some 3 technique ability which may give our coaches the hope he can play both DT spots.

Comment

If Derwin James or Roquan Smith falls to the teens I very strongly start thinking of trading up.

Comment

Working...
                    X