P. Walker: Cowboys considering moving Jaylon Smith to strong side LB

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smith's degree of injury meant a long recovery, which we're now 2+ years into. Im hopeful this year sees his recovery make a big leap forward. And with it, his pre-injury promise and skills. Last year was still way too early for him to be thrown in the way he was. To me, that was a failure on the part of Marinelli. The extended playing time Smith got to see provided the only upside to what was pretty a fugly display of his abilities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Smith's degree of injury meant a long recovery, which we're now 2+ years into. Im hopeful this year sees his recovery make a big leap forward. And with it, his pre-injury promise and skills. Last year was still way too early for him to be thrown in the way he was. To me, that was a failure on the part of Marinelli. The extended playing time Smith got to see provided the only upside to what was pretty a fugly display of his abilities.
I feel like he grew up quickly as a result though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jacks was the better pick in retrospect. That injury should have dropped Jaylon at least one more round

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jacks was the better pick in retrospect. That injury should have dropped Jaylon at least one more round
You dont know that. For all we know Jacks could blow out his knee tomorrow.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
OK.

But I've seen Jack play as starter in the Conference Championship game.

I'll bet Sean Lee, Dat Nguyen, or Eugene Lockhart would have killed for that chance.

Smith is rapidly running out of time for his pick to have been been seen as worth it, let alone being better than Jack.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, this isn't a 2 year process. You have to look at the long term careers. So far Jack has done more but that shouldn't be surprising since Smith sat out a year rehabbing.

Top Bottom