Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    "Position flex"
    With any position except LBer I may be concerned. But I honestly don't think LBer is all that difficult to learn one position from the next. Most of these guys are used to playing in the nickle anyway where their responsibilities and alignment change anyway.

Comment

I'm just worn out by the general overuse of the term. Garrett started overusing it years ago and people like Archer started parroting it.
      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Why in the hell don't they just pay what it takes to keep Hitchens?

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
          I'm just worn out by the general overuse of the term. Garrett started overusing it years ago and people like Archer started parroting it.
          Yeah position flex always reminds me of the term "versatility" which the Cowboys love to bring up. Reminds me of the talk about Martin being able to play every position on the O-line like it was some massive bonus. It's nonsense the guy has played RG his entire career. Who cares if he can play some center and OT, he never will. They talked the same way about Jalen Ramsey and his ability to play safety and corner. Again, when you draft a guy that high you draft him for a position. Not so that he can bounce around and backup multiple spots.

Comment

Exactly right. I get it if you're talking about a fourth round guard that can also play some center. That makes sense and adds value. But a guy like Byron Jones, you should be drafting to be excellent at one position, not mediocre at two.
            2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post
              No money.

Have to pay Tank and Martin.

Then they are probably hoping they have to open the vault for Dak in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                Hitchens isn’t really anything special. He’s ok. I wouldn’t overpay him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Smith's degree of injury meant a long recovery, which we're now 2+ years into. Im hopeful this year sees his recovery make a big leap forward. And with it, his pre-injury promise and skills. Last year was still way too early for him to be thrown in the way he was. To me, that was a failure on the part of Marinelli. The extended playing time Smith got to see provided the only upside to what was pretty a fugly display of his abilities.
                    defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                      Smith's degree of injury meant a long recovery, which we're now 2+ years into. Im hopeful this year sees his recovery make a big leap forward. And with it, his pre-injury promise and skills. Last year was still way too early for him to be thrown in the way he was. To me, that was a failure on the part of Marinelli. The extended playing time Smith got to see provided the only upside to what was pretty a fugly display of his abilities.
                      I feel like he grew up quickly as a result though.

Comment

Jacks was the better pick in retrospect. That injury should have dropped Jaylon at least one more round

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                          Jacks was the better pick in retrospect. That injury should have dropped Jaylon at least one more round
                          You dont know that. For all we know Jacks could blow out his knee tomorrow.
                          #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
                            OK.

But I've seen Jack play as starter in the Conference Championship game.

I'll bet Sean Lee, Dat Nguyen, or Eugene Lockhart would have killed for that chance.

Smith is rapidly running out of time for his pick to have been been seen as worth it, let alone being better than Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
                              Yep, this isn't a 2 year process. You have to look at the long term careers. So far Jack has done more but that shouldn't be surprising since Smith sat out a year rehabbing.

Comment

Working...
                              X