Report: Roger Goodell to Fine Jerry Jones 'Millions' over Public Criticism

vince

Not So New Member
Per @RapSheet
Clarity on NFL and #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: it's not a fine, it's a reimbursement of costs incurred by the member clubs. More than $2M. The resolution has been on the books for more than 20 years. Goodell did this after consulting owners.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

vince

Not So New Member
Timestamped.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
If they want that, they should hire a different commissioner. There are no fans that like Goodell. You either don't care or hate him. The players hate Goodell. Arguably the two most powerful owners in the sport - Kraft and Jones - hate him. He's drawn the ire of Trump's 37%. All in all, he's dug his own grave. No idea why they handed him an extension. Plenty of other good executives out there.
Good questions. If the fans, players and a couple very influential and powerful owners hate the guy, why did Goodell get a new deal?

midswat

... soon
I'm all for anything that raises the stress/blood pressure of our 70-something year old skeletor looking owner.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm all for anything that raises the stress/blood pressure of our 70-something year old skeletor looking owner.
Hes not stressing. Hes raising the ticket prices.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is absolutely insane. "We had to contort the legal system to defend this sham of a decision that fucks you; also, here's the bill."
They are the ones that decided to drag the investigation out over 15 months. That was THEIR CALL. Jerry just added to it by calling them out on a BS decision which added to the legal expenses that they had already bloated by dragging it out so far. Just ridiculous.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That is a good point. I don't really give a fuck about Jones' money (unless it affects the cap).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If Goodell succeeds in prevailing over an owner then he will be virtually unstoppable as to how far he can wield his will for the rest of his tenure. I said earlier about the Elliot matter that he would push to prevail as a matter of setting a precedent within the league. The Owners through their own ignorance are giving him monodical control over the entire league. It’s Jones now and he is one of the Super structure franchises so from here he can steam roller most any other owner at will and the rest will fall in line for fear of incurring his wrath. He won’t be easy to unseat then because he likely has an emormous golden parachute in his contract. The salary committee unwittingly did this as a power play against Jones and it may end up biting them in the butt.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
monodical control over the entire league
Uh, what word were you going for there. I'm fascinated... Monopolistic? Maniacal? Monarchical?

monodical
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
mon·o·dy (mŏn′ə-dē)
n. pl. mon·o·dies
1. An ode for one voice or actor, as in Greek drama.
2. A poem in which the poet or speaker mourns another's death.
3. Music
a. A style of composition dominated by a single melodic line.
b. A style of composition having a single melodic line; monophony.
c. A composition in either of these styles.

junk

Not So New Member
They should take the team away from him and his dipshit family

p1_

DCC 4Life
can one of you smart boys interpret this ? What the hell does it say/mean?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Uh, what word were you going for there. I'm fascinated... Monopolistic? Maniacal? Monarchical?

monodical =v
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
mon·o·dy (mŏn′ə-dē)
n. pl. mon·o·dies
1. An ode for one voice or actor, as in Greek drama.
2. A poem in which the poet or speaker mourns another's death.
3. Music
a. A style of composition dominated by a single melodic line.
b. A style of composition having a single melodic line; monophony.
c. A composition in either of these styles.
Typo my spell check missed. I was going for Monarchical.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Ask who has done more for the league, Jones or Goodell?
Jones, easily. There are people that can't stand him but you can't ignore his contributions, all Goodell has done is help alienate some teams and fans.

I did a photoshop of him awhile back, maybe 2008, 2009, something like that. It was Nero holding a lyre with flames in the background but I photoshopped RG's face over Nero's. My opinion of him hasn't changed since then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is a good point. I don't really give a fuck about Jones' money (unless it affects the cap).
I don't care about Jones money, but the commish coming after the Cowboys feels personal and like a lot of bullshit. So it still pisses me off.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I don't care about Jones money, but the commish coming after the Cowboys feels personal and like a lot of bullshit. So it still pisses me off.
I am with you, and it reeks of him using is power to settle a grudge over a slight.

Top Bottom