Archer: Cowboys believe Taco Charlton's story is just beginning

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

vince

Not So New Member
I hope the organization isn't counting on him just because he's a first round pick, at the expense of other more talented players.
You know that's what it is. How long did it take for them to finally give up on Bobby Carpenter?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hope the organization isn't counting on him just because he's a first round pick, at the expense of other more talented players.
I mean.... I guess I hope they aren't either.... but I think Taco is talented enough to not only be on the roster but maybe be one of the four best DL we have, as early as this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean.... I guess I hope they aren't either.... but I think Taco is talented enough to not only be on the roster but maybe be one of the four best DL we have, as early as this year.
Yeah I mean I didn't see anything at the end of last season that suggested to me anything other than Taco deserves a bigger role. He had an awesome game against the Seahawks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have my doubts about that. But I never was a fan of his. I could be wrong.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Giving up already on Taco?

Guess we should have taken Tank out back and shot him too after his rookie year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Even if Taco was a reach of a full round, if he was a legit late 2nd type player rather than a legit 1st type player, that's still the type of guy that in year 2 or year 3 could be a real stud on the DL.

Of course he could also be a huge bust.

But check out the other DL in that draft. Even the guys taken ahead of him.

Takk McKinley and TJ Watt had 6. Derek Barnett had 5. Taco, Tyus Bowser and Solomon Thomas (!!!) had 3. Charles Harris had 2. Two guys taken ahead of him had less sacks. Only one guy taken after him had more (of the names in common consideration -- no one really had Carl Lawson (8) in the discussion there, and no one at all had Deatrich Wise (4) in the discussion).

Not like he vastly underperformed relative to all the other DE's in his class.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Even if Taco was a reach of a full round, if he was a legit late 2nd type player rather than a legit 1st type player, that's still the type of guy that in year 2 or year 3 could be a real stud on the DL.

Takk McKinley and TJ Watt had 6. Derek Barnett had 5. Taco, Tyus Bowser and Solomon Thomas (!!!) had 3. Charles Harris had 2. Two guys taken ahead of him had less sacks. Only one guy taken after him had more (of the names in common consideration -- no one really had Carl Lawson (8) in the discussion there, and no one at all had Deatrich Wise (4) in the discussion).

They just dont like the celebration.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I actually like the celebration.

I just don't think he's really ever been consistent enough even going back to college.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Dallas fans don’t accept a plan that says it takes on average for a rookie to begin to produce up to their draft position about 3 years. Here it’s a draft bust in the rookie year for number 1 draft position to set the world on fire.

Top Bottom