JJT: Doug Pederson's Success With Eagles Reveals Jason Garrett's Flaws

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I think there are a few people who aren't drinking the Eagle Koolaid and hanging off Pederson's ballsack just yet.

Yes, he did a great job getting the Eagles to a SB win and implemented a gameplan that played to Foles strength... but all this "best coach eva love, going for it on 4th down" BS is just that...BS.
Once Foles was his QB, the pressure was off Pederson, and for a big part off of Foles too. If Foles fucks up and doesn't convert a 4th down, or throws a critical INT on a gadget play...who cares. Who would give him shit? Pederson could scream out "The guy is a backup everybody! What did you expect???" without much repercussion. Foles can tell everyone how he sat around a campfire and was ready to retire and is thankful he got his team to a playoff win, or a SB appearance, blah blah. The pressure was not on him either.

Foles plays 2 great games at home (thank you Wentz), plays against possibly the worst SB defense ever fielded on the AFC side, and suddenly Pederson is a fucking genius and Foles is being compared to playing on Wentz's level.

Sorry I don't buy it.

If you think Philly fans would have bought those excuses from Pederson you haven't spent much time in or anywhere near Philly. There's no such thing as "without much repercussion" in Philly. The fans and the media would have second-guessed ad nauseum and would have been ready to burn Pederson at the stake for taking stupid chances with a backup QB.

You're the coach in Philly and you get the Eagles to their first SB in umpteen years, the pressure is crushing. Philly is not the kind of place where they put their arm around you and say, "aww, it's okay, you tried really hard."

Crowning Pederson a genius is premature and it remains to be seen whether he can sustain 2017's success. But to suggest that he was under no pressure is barking at the moon.

In Philly it's part of the culture to crucify sports figures -- it's who they are. I wonder how long Jerry and his family would have lasted there before they were swimming with the fishes.

Garrett? He would been wearing cement shoes three years ago.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Philly ain’t buying that clap, clap stupidity.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I would love to see how Philly reacted to his stupid huge grin and "How We Doin Guys" after a terrible defeat.

Belichick might be the greatest coach of all time and he got more tough questions about Butler after the game than Garrett has ever gotten here, even after some of the worst game mismanagement of all time.

GShock

DCC 4Life

midswat

... soon
I don't know if Pederson is a genius or a coaching savant. But what I do know is what he accomplished this year is remarkable.

I mean, Pederson basically shot to shit every crutch Owners and Garrett lovers leaned on in defense of our shit coach. Took over a bad team that traded off many of it's best players under the previous regime. Turned it around with a young quarterback from a small college. Overcame injuries to critical players like the star QB, star LT, quality MLB, underrated utility Darren Sproles, etc.

And it should be noted.... Wentz got insanely better under Pedersons tutelage, whereas Dak regressed significantly.

But most of all... why I am signing this guys praise so much is he went in the Super Bowl and coached it like he had to carry his balls around in a wheelbarrow. Absolutely fearless, and his team responded. My god, after 8 years of Garrett I'd kill for that bravado and faith in the team on our sideline. The creativity in playcalling. The revamping the offense to suit what Foles did best over the bye. All of it.

Deep down I hate the fucking Eagles but god damn I give credit where it's due.

Pederson earned every bit of praise he gets, IMO.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah it's why when our punter gets all the love for punts downed inside the 20 I roll my eyes. Of course he can pin teams inside the 20 when he is punting the ball 30-40 yards all the time in order to do so. I can't stand when we punt from the other teams side of the field but we almost always do unless we are in field goal range.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah it's why when our punter gets all the love for punts downed inside the 20 I roll my eyes. Of course he can pin teams inside the 20 when he is punting the ball 30-40 yards all the time in order to do so. I can't stand when we punt from the other teams side of the field but we almost always do unless we are in field goal range.
It’s a back hand to Garrett’s face more than love for Jones. Our offense really crawled into a shell this year.

In retrospect Marinelli probably deserves more credit than I originally thought.

shane

DCC 4Life
Remember when they tried to turn Romo into Tom Brady?

:lol
I remember seeing Romo's numbers outside of the pocket. Best in NFL history. In the pocket, he was mediocre.

So they have a lot of moving pockets, roll outs and play action right? No, they immediately made an emphasis on keeping him in the pocket.

This is one of the worst coaching staffs in NFL history.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If you think Philly fans would have bought those excuses from Pederson you haven't spent much time in or anywhere near Philly. There's no such thing as "without much repercussion" in Philly. The fans and the media would have second-guessed ad nauseum and would have been ready to burn Pederson at the stake for taking stupid chances with a backup QB.

You're the coach in Philly and you get the Eagles to their first SB in umpteen years, the pressure is crushing. Philly is not the kind of place where they put their arm around you and say, "aww, it's okay, you tried really hard."

Crowning Pederson a genius is premature and it remains to be seen whether he can sustain 2017's success. But to suggest that he was under no pressure is barking at the moon.

In Philly it's part of the culture to crucify sports figures -- it's who they are. I wonder how long Jerry and his family would have lasted there before they were swimming with the fishes.

Garrett? He would been wearing cement shoes three years ago.

100% correct.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
How much you want to bet we see some kind of jap play pass to Dak next year that fails miserably?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m counting on it. that way, Dak will have something in common with Brady.

Top Bottom